prefetch

  • Robin Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010
      Hi Lynn,
      thanks for the help yesterday.
      With the prefetched files.
      Are they able to be shared with other people.
      eg Will the program reccognise them if you just fire them into someone elses tiles folder.
      Cheers,
      Robin.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010
        Robin Williams wrote:
        > With the prefetched files.
        > Are they able to be shared with other people.
        > eg Will the program reccognise them if you just fire them into someone
        > elses tiles folder.

        Yep, you can prefetch on one machine, lift a copy of the OSMTiles
        directory tree (or whatever you called it) and drop it onto another
        machine wherever their configuration is looking for the tiles. You can
        even pre-fetch on your desktop and drop it all onto your mobile phone if
        you have a way to preserve the directory/file hierarchy!

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
      • Robin Williams
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010
          Thanks Lynn,
          I thought you were going to bed.
          Robin.

          > Are they able to be shared with other people.
          > eg Will the program reccognise them if you just fire them into someone
          > elses tiles folder.

          Yep, you can prefetch on one machine, lift a copy of the OSMTiles directory
          tree (or whatever you called it) and drop it onto another machine wherever
          their configuration is looking for the tiles. You can even pre-fetch on
          your desktop and drop it all onto your mobile phone if you have a way to
          preserve the directory/file hierarchy!

          Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

        • Jerome Lofton
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010

            Good work ... now, get some sleep, guys ;-)

            73
            Jerome
            WD4CWG