APRSISCE at 160 mph

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2010
      Check out JG2RZF-12's station information graphs at aprs.fi!
      (Particularly the third graph of reported speed)

      http://aprs.fi/info/graphs/JG2RZF-12

      I noticed this APRSISCE user with a Jogger symbol earlier in the day and
      commented to him about being a fast jogger. He told me he was on a
      train that made perfect sense. He then mentioned that he would be on
      the "Shinkansen" train possibly maxing at 270km/h. I missed seeing the
      track real-time, but just remembered to go check on it and saw these graphs.

      Pretty cool stuff!

    • FUJIURA Toyonori
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2010
        Lynn,

        > I missed seeing the
        > track real-time, but just remembered to go check on it and saw these graphs.

        I'll return to Osaka using Shinkansen around 2/4 0am@UTC (or 2/3 noon@UTC).

        The beacon setting is
        Min 30sec, Max 30min,
        Heading Change 45 deg,
        Forecast error 3 1/10mi,
        Max distance 100 1/10mi.

        Now I think this is best setting for me.
        I'll continue to choose best beacon setting.

        Thanks.

        FUJIURA Toyonori mailto:toyokun@...