Re: [aprsisce] WIN32 aprisce

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2 12:32 PM
      Phillip wrote:
      > Hi Lynn,
      > Thanks for your efforts..
      >
      > How do I send a beacon I have my Lat/Long set I am connected to the
      > APRS-IS

      If you have your lat/lon set and the correct APRS-IS password
      configured, APRSIS32 should be sending beacons. Please do the following
      steps and e-mail the resulting APRSIS32.LOG along with your APRSIS32.XML
      file to KJ4ERJ@...:

      1) Turn on Enables/Debug Logging
      2) Close the client
      3) Restart the client
      4) Wait a few minutes and/or hit the Transmit menu option (if enabled)
      5) Turn off Enables/Debug Logging
      6) Close the client. APRSIS32.LOG and APRSIS32.XML should be in the
      directory with APRSIS32.EXE. Email those files to KJ4ERJ@....

      > 1/ Documentation ( Help file )

      On the list, but probably not very high as things are still changing
      pretty quickly. I'm thinking of an annotated screen that describes the
      visual functions well in advance of any formal documentation.

      > 2/ Be nice to see either AGW or BPQ support or both for the desk top
      > version, this will allow multiple ports
      > BPQ is being updated all the time

      I'm not familiar with BPQ. Can you provide a link to developer's
      information on interfacing to it? I've got some idea of how to use AGW,
      but KISS will definitely be released first.

      > 3/ Be able to configure all settings via pop up windows

      I've got plans for this one, but for normal users, the parameters
      presented currently are all that should need to be changed. I'm
      planning an "advanced" configuration that will walk through ALL of the
      parameters of the XML file with some short textual description of what
      the parameter does. At least you won't have to close the client, edit
      the XML, re-start the client!

      > 4/ Allow for more than 1 selected APRS-IS so that if 1 disappears the
      > program will move to the next

      If you use one of the rotate DNS names (rotate.aprs.net or
      rotate.aprs2.net) or one of the regional names
      (http://www.aprs2.net/#regional), rotation will be automatic. I'll add
      this to the list, however, for those that want tighter control of which
      APRS-IS servers to use. (For those that didn't know, the default
      APRS-IS server is rotate.aprs2.net). The upcoming release will show the
      configured and current APRS-IS server/port in the Info popup of your own
      station ("Me").

      > 5/ Selectable Miles or Kilometres etc

      On the list and raising in priority....Just don't ask me for
      internationalized languages any time soon. That's MUCH more complex
      than I plan to get anytime soon. I'm too impatient of a coder to not
      put quoted strings directly in the source code!

      Keep the suggestions coming!

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2 12:44 PM
        Save your time in looking for the "Transmit" menu option. I got my cart
        ahead of my horse on that one as it's currently only in the Windows
        Mobile client. It will appear in the Win32 client when NMEA GPS support
        is released. However, the sequence below still applies to collect a
        debugging long when having problems....

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ