Re: [aprsisce] WIN32 aprisce

  • Phillip
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2 12:03 PM
      Hi Lynn,
                     Thanks for your efforts..

      How do I send a beacon I have my Lat/Long set I am connected to the APRS-IS

      1/ Documentation ( Help file )

      2/ Be nice to see either AGW or BPQ support or both for the desk top version, this will allow multiple ports
          BPQ is being updated all the time

      3/ Be able to configure all settings via pop up windows

      4/ Allow for more than 1 selected APRS-IS so that if 1 disappears the program will move to the next

      5/ Selectable Miles or Kilometres etc

      73 Phillip
      ZL2TZE

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2 12:32 PM
        Phillip wrote:
        > Hi Lynn,
        > Thanks for your efforts..
        >
        > How do I send a beacon I have my Lat/Long set I am connected to the
        > APRS-IS

        If you have your lat/lon set and the correct APRS-IS password
        configured, APRSIS32 should be sending beacons. Please do the following
        steps and e-mail the resulting APRSIS32.LOG along with your APRSIS32.XML
        file to KJ4ERJ@...:

        1) Turn on Enables/Debug Logging
        2) Close the client
        3) Restart the client
        4) Wait a few minutes and/or hit the Transmit menu option (if enabled)
        5) Turn off Enables/Debug Logging
        6) Close the client. APRSIS32.LOG and APRSIS32.XML should be in the
        directory with APRSIS32.EXE. Email those files to KJ4ERJ@....

        > 1/ Documentation ( Help file )

        On the list, but probably not very high as things are still changing
        pretty quickly. I'm thinking of an annotated screen that describes the
        visual functions well in advance of any formal documentation.

        > 2/ Be nice to see either AGW or BPQ support or both for the desk top
        > version, this will allow multiple ports
        > BPQ is being updated all the time

        I'm not familiar with BPQ. Can you provide a link to developer's
        information on interfacing to it? I've got some idea of how to use AGW,
        but KISS will definitely be released first.

        > 3/ Be able to configure all settings via pop up windows

        I've got plans for this one, but for normal users, the parameters
        presented currently are all that should need to be changed. I'm
        planning an "advanced" configuration that will walk through ALL of the
        parameters of the XML file with some short textual description of what
        the parameter does. At least you won't have to close the client, edit
        the XML, re-start the client!

        > 4/ Allow for more than 1 selected APRS-IS so that if 1 disappears the
        > program will move to the next

        If you use one of the rotate DNS names (rotate.aprs.net or
        rotate.aprs2.net) or one of the regional names
        (http://www.aprs2.net/#regional), rotation will be automatic. I'll add
        this to the list, however, for those that want tighter control of which
        APRS-IS servers to use. (For those that didn't know, the default
        APRS-IS server is rotate.aprs2.net). The upcoming release will show the
        configured and current APRS-IS server/port in the Info popup of your own
        station ("Me").

        > 5/ Selectable Miles or Kilometres etc

        On the list and raising in priority....Just don't ask me for
        internationalized languages any time soon. That's MUCH more complex
        than I plan to get anytime soon. I'm too impatient of a coder to not
        put quoted strings directly in the source code!

        Keep the suggestions coming!

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2 12:44 PM
          Save your time in looking for the "Transmit" menu option. I got my cart
          ahead of my horse on that one as it's currently only in the Windows
          Mobile client. It will appear in the Win32 client when NMEA GPS support
          is released. However, the sequence below still applies to collect a
          debugging long when having problems....

          Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ