"short msg" bug fixed

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28 6:20 PM
      But it wasn't really a short message bug. It was actually a duplicate
      message bug. The v0.1 chat interface was a bit over aggressive in
      detecting duplicate messages and would detect them from way up earlier
      in a chat. This has been fixed (I think).

      Also, the actual transmission time is now shown as a repeat count and
      timestamp. I thought about having it not do that, but decided that even
      with the speeds of -IS, it would be nice to know about the delivery
      delays for long messages.

      Finally, the chat window painting has been optimized a bit, so it no
      longer redraws the entire window for each line of text. You may not
      have noticed it, but I did and it got way worse when I added the
      delivery timestamp. Anyway, the same logic will eventually be applied
      to the trace logs and bulletin windows as they are actually the same
      Multi-Line Edit control at the core. (BTW, the MLE will be converting
      to Rich Text for colors, for those Win32 developers out there).

      Chat is still not on APRSISCE thought.