New Chat Interface & Bug

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28 6:20 AM
      To the brave development version users out there:

      Rev 0.1 of the new chat messaging interface is available as of 11:30pm
      Eastern US time last night (come to think of it, the version timestamps
      aren't UTC....). Let me know what you think.

      For you eavesdroppers, you can watch but not talk unless you click one
      of the callsign buttons. I know, they cover the last line of text.
      I'll be relocating them to action menu dropdowns sometime. An Enter or
      Escape in an eavesdrop window (the ones with buttons and no entry field)
      will close the window and drop the accumulated chat on the floor. Close
      does the same thing in a full-up chat window. I'm considering adding a
      Hide button to preserve the chat, not minimized but gone, until
      something new comes in.

      Anyway, in a morning QSO with KD4DRA, we discovered that short words
      sometimes don't display. So, if you're doing a QSO, you might want to
      bring up Enables / View Logs / Messaging to watch for short messages
      that don't show up. It won't even show you what you typed if it's a
      short message. They are seemingly transmitted and received well, just
      not displayed.

      Unfortunately, "ok" is a short word. That's how we discovered it.

      I'll let you all know when a new version is posted with the fix, but my
      lawn is needing mowing and the temperature outside is rising (yes, I'd
      rather tackle the bug now, but...)