Re: [aprsisce] KISS Vs Terminal Mode for APRSIS32

  • Rob Giuliano
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2010
      Wasn't there a port protocol somewhere that used COM1.1 port designations where the "COM1" was the port and ".1" was there stream?  That would allow the computer hardware to see the correct port and TNC to know which TNC port (or connection stream) to send it to.

      This was a long time ago when I dealt with this.  I would say WIN3.11 and Win95, working with the KPC9612 (9600 baud side and 1200 baud side.  I remember it working in through the hardware part (the right data went through the right "baud" port), but I never really got the 9600 baud working on the air.  I am sure that all these things have changed.

      Also, I don't remeber if there was something I coded to implement or it was within another port standard.  Unfortunately, I am pretty sure I wouldn't know where that code is anymore.
      Maybe the idea will rings some bells or propvide thoughts on an implementation.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO