One-a-day multiple updates - XP and Wine questions

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2010
      To the development users out there,

      In This morning's updates I hopefully did the following:

      1) Balloon shell notifications work on Vista and hopefully XP - These
      notifications should appear when a new message is received for the
      station's callsign-SSID (not for My Messages or Eavesdrop). If you turn
      on Messages / Bulletins / Notify, a popup should appear when a new or
      changed bulletin is received. - Someone on XP, please let me know if
      this works!

      2) Bulletins are now saved (with received timestamp) so that not
      everything appears new when you restart the client. Times on bulletins
      have changed to UTC. One of these days I'll support a global local vs
      GMT display configuration. Currently you only get to configure that
      selection for the time displayed (or not) on the screen (Configure /
      Screen / Date/Time...)

      3) I've added timestamps to the saved telemetry definitions. I'm trying
      to figure out if they're safe to purge, but at least I'm tracking the
      reception and/or last use time. I'm thinking that the timestamp needs
      to "freshen" whenever actual telemetry is received from a station. If a
      telemetry-defined station goes too long without delivering telemetry,
      then the definitions *may* be subject to removal.

      4) Old style (>APRS App: Generic APRS) weather stations no longer appear
      as message capable even though they're transmitting an '@' packet.

      5) Trace Log enable bits are now saved across restarts. This means that
      you can enable your favorite logs and they will still be enabled when
      the client restarts. On APRSISCE (WinMo) prompts to confirm your intent
      to save the enables as it can consume quite a fair amount of .LOG space.

      6) On startup, I'm printing some GetDeviceCaps() information into the
      Activity trace log. Can someone on Wine tell me what these values are
      and whether or not Transparency works on your platform? I'm trying to
      figure out a fingerprint of the situation to disable transparency if
      possible.