Re: Not receiving aprs-is

  • warpedspeed
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2010
      Lynn and the group, I want to pass on some related information that I figured out today. I finally got around to updating APRSISCE last week on my T-Mobile branded HD2.

      Sure enough, I no longer had connectivity with APRS-IS. I assumed that it was something on my end, but could not figure out the problem. I had looked here in the group and saw the messages regarding APRS-IS, but in the process of glossing over them quickly (and working on Windows problems in two VM's simultaneously...) I incorrectly deducted that these were Windows client issues, not Mobile issues. Yeah I know, slow down, read carefully, don't run with scissors, etc...

      Anyway, after going through each of the additional APRSISCE updates since last week, and still not experiencing any APRS joy, I made some time late this afternoon to look farther into this. Low and behold if rotate.aprs2.net is NOT resolving on the T-Mobile data network at all. Total failure. I think that qualifies as a delay! Thankfully westtn.aprs2.net works fine, so I am back in business.

      Of course this kind of thing happens with other carriers too, although T-Mobile's DNS is famous for it's nonsense.

      So here is an example of the application working fine, the user working fine (this time :- > ), but the ISP being difficult.

      73

      Dean KD4TWJ