Re: [aprsisce] D710 & WIN XP with APRSIS

  • Jack Chomley
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2010
      At 10:26 PM 25/08/2010, you wrote:

      vk4jrc wrote:
      > I now have the program running on my Dell Mini 9 Netbook, using USB converter for hookup to D710.
      > Port works fine to D710, logging incoming RF heard stations and they show on my screen.
      > Messaging does not work, however. Program transmits to D710
      > See one line of log

      Are you running the D710 in APRS, TNC, or KISS mode? Not that it
      matters, see below.

      > WinMain:2010-08-25T11:59:55.406 Transmit(IS+RF) VK4JRC>APWW04,wide1-1 wide2-2::VK4JRC-7 :test msg................{272

      Your PATH is configured wrong. Set Configure / Beacon / Path to
      WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 and I suspect it will start working.

      > But radio does not transmit. Have checked port configs to make sure transmit is set to on.

      If that doesn't fix it, please do Enable / View Logs / <YourPortName>,
      send a message, and then Copy the trace log contents and paste into an
      e-mail to KJ4ERJ@....

      > I have latest version software APRSIS for Windows. I was told on the D710 forum by Gerard VK2JNG that there is a separate version of the software, specifically for D710? Does not appear in the files area for dload?

      D710 support is no included in all releases of the program. There is no
      special D710 version.

      > Also looking for clues on how the filters work?

      See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/automatic-filters and also chase the
      link at the bottom of that page for more filter information. Remember,
      filters only affect the APRS-IS feed. APRSISCE/32 will parse and
      display everything received from an RF port.

      Thanks Lynn, its all running fine now, thanks to your clues :-)  I just need to study the filter documents so I understand the principles of how they work.

      73,

      Jack  VK4JRC