Stupid as a rock

  • newmanberman
    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 3, 2014

      Hi,

      I've been running a receive-only  IGate using UI-View for over 3 years now as VA7WS.  I decided to try APRSISCE, since UI-View isn't being supported anymore.  But damn, I can't get my received packets showing on aprs.fi, nor can I connect to any tier 2 server.

      The screen is showing the received stations just fine, the map is great, the program is working 100%.  Except that I cannot upload.  I've reviewed the videos several times, but must be missing something quite basic.

      So back to UI-View for now.

      John VE7JWS / VA7ws

      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 10, 2014
        On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:37 AM, newmanberman@... [aprsisce]
        <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > My thanks to everyone who was patient with me and gave me lots
        > of ideas to explore. The clincher was the comment that nobody ever
        > had problems getting the program working before me.

        I don't think we ever said "nobody ever had problems"... check the
        archives, there's a whole bunch of others with problems.

        The biggest issue for people coming from other APRS platforms is that
        this platform is internet based with RF add on, whereas most others
        are RF based with internet add on.

        People can get a little silly trying to enable something that was
        enabled from the start.

        Good to know you got it going. Don't disappear, and don't think you're
        as dumb as a rock on the next stumbling block. If you run into an
        issue, and can't figure it out, check the wiki, and if you're still
        stumped, post another message.