Another newbie help

  • w4ant
    Message 1 of 91 , Aug 17, 2014

      I apologize up front. I'm just trying to get this all set up.

      FT-2800M from my home QTH

      TinyTrak 4

      PC running XP

      I've got APRSIS32 running and managed to get my location set and centered. My radio is transmitting and receiving on 144.39 so I assume I have the port configured correctly.

      Nothing is showing up on the map. I'm 25 miles from Charleston, SC where there is a good bit of activity but map shows none.

      I have internet access disabled. I'm out in the country and my only source for an internet connection is iPhone 5 via Verizon Wireless who charges the proverbial arm and leg for data so I CAN NOT run with an always on internet connection without mortgaging the house.

      I would expect that the data I'm receiving on 2 meters would populate something on the map and at least show where the packets are coming from and where they are going to.

      But again, nothing on the map. I've checked and unchecked about every box I can think of and still nothing. I'm sure I'm missing the obvious. However, I'm not an advanced computer user and it seems that these programs and/or applications expect a certain level of expertise from the user.

      At the top of the screen it says FT-2800 ( which is what I called the port ) followed by either CmdOpen or Delay.

      Any help for the helpless?

      TU,

      Alan W4ANT

    • goatherder_4891
      Message 91 of 91 , Aug 23, 2014
        What is amode set to? You need to have it in kiss and have aprsisce set to simply kiss in your port setup.

        KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone