TS-2000 not transmitting

  • goldwingingit2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2014

      When I click on transmit it shows *Int* I don't see or hear my radio transmit. I have tried everything I can think of to get it tot transmit RF.

      Larry

      KF5MLP

    • goldwingingit2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2014

        Think I got it.

        Larry

        KF5MLP

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2014
          If it just says "Int", then you probably need to read:

          http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:transmitting

          On 8/3/2014 3:52 PM, pilot-1@... [aprsisce] wrote:

          When I click on transmit it shows *Int* I don't see or hear my radio transmit. I have tried everything I can think of to get it tot transmit RF.

          Larry

          KF5MLP

        • Larry
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2014
            I thought I had it. I check all the settings you sent. All are correct but I still get *Int*

            Larry
            KF5MLP

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2014
              Lynn's point is that *Int* is CORRECT!
              This *Int* indicates that the packet was generated "internally" by APRSIS32.  This also means that as far as APRSIS32 is concerned, it sent the packet to the TNC for transmission.

              The WIKI site provided indicates some "other things" that may prevent the actual transmission by the radio.
                After checking to ensure your port is enabled, and enabled for transmit (not Receive Only), etc as indicated in the WIKI, try logging the port to see what could be holding things up.

              To troubleshoot this further, I recommend opening a log to view the information about your port:
                >Enables >Logging >Port({portmame})

              If the log has no errors, then chances are the issue is between the computer and the radio/built in TNC (most likely a radio setting).  A common issue is the TNC thinks the  RF channel is busy.

              Robert Giuliano
              KB8RCO

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 4, 2014
                I opened the port log and it states waiting at line 2745. I think its transmitting but doesn’t show anyone but one guy about 5 miles from me receiving it even though I have a digi on top of a mountain about 10 miles from me. At one time I saw I hit digi all over this area.

                Larry
                KF5MLP

                Sent: Monday, August 04, 2014 10:22 AM