aprsis32 and agwpe_pro ?

  • goldenbogen@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2014

    hello everybody,

    can you send me a configuration script for socket aprsis32 to agwpe pro ?

    how can is set R300 - robust packet. i can only found 1200 or more baud in the agwpe

    settings. i use not a scs tracker, i use a ptc II usb! see attach please...

    many thanks and 73, andreas

    Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2014
      If you're referring to the RFBaud selection in APRSIS32's port configuration, this is unused at this time.  It doesn't affect the operation of anything anywhere.

      If you configure AGWPE to talk to your TNC, then an AGW type port from APRSIS32 will be able to use it.  APRSIS32 doesn't drive any TNC settings from an AGW type port.

      If your question is how to set up AGWPE for your TNC (as the screen shots seem to imply), you may want to ask the question in a group dedicated to AGWPE or the PTC II USB TNC.

      On 7/28/2014 1:32 AM, dl5cg@... [aprsisce] wrote:

      hello everybody,

      can you send me a configuration script for socket aprsis32 to agwpe pro ?

      how can is set R300 - robust packet. i can only found 1200 or more baud in the agwpe

      settings. i use not a scs tracker, i use a ptc II usb! see attach please...

      many thanks and 73, andreas

    • Rob Giuliano
      Message 3 of 7 , Jul 28, 2014
        If I follow your pictures, you have the are not using 300 baud "on the air".
        AGW2 shows the setting to be 1200 baud, AGW1 indicates RF300 (implying 300 baud).

        My suggestion would be to use AGWTerm, and make sure you get the settings between your TNC and AGW working, use AGWMonitor (which will show decoded packets) then setup APRSIS32 and work on that interface.  AGWMonitor - is a great help and can be left "ON" all the time if your computer has the resources.

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO

        If you're referring to the RFBaud selection in APRSIS32's port configuration, this is unused at this time.  It doesn't affect the operation of anything anywhere.

        If you configure AGWPE to talk to your TNC, then an AGW type port from APRSIS32 will be able to use it.  APRSIS32 doesn't drive any TNC settings from an AGW type port.

        If your question is how to set up AGWPE for your TNC (as the screen shots seem to imply), you may want to ask the question in a group dedicated to AGWPE or the PTC II USB TNC.

        On 7/28/2014 1:32 AM, dl5cg@... [aprsisce] wrote:

        hello everybody,

        can you send me a configuration script for socket aprsis32 to agwpe pro ?

        how can is set R300 - robust packet. i can only found 1200 or more baud in the agwpe

        settings. i use not a scs tracker, i use a ptc II usb! see attach please...

        many thanks and 73, andreas

      • Andreas Goldenbogen
        Message 4 of 7 , Jul 29, 2014
          hello rob,
          after a new configuration with your info, i can tell you agw_pro
          works fine with uiview32 and aprsis32!
          many thanks an i´m glad.
          all the best an we see us in RPR, perhaps!
          73 Andreas DL5CG