M0XER-3 Lives!

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 27, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 28 KB

    'nuff said?

  • Steve
    Message 2 of 16 , Jul 27, 2014

      This has got to be a record surely

      From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com ]
      Sent: 27 July 2014 10:55
      To: APRSISCE Group
      Subject: [aprsisce] M0XER-3 Lives! [1 Attachment]

      'nuff said?

      Message 3 of 16 , Jul 27, 2014
        On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 10:17 AM, 'Steve'
        steve@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
        wrote:

        > This has got to be a record surely

        I don't think there's much doubt in that...

        http://habitat.habhub.org/mobile-tracker/

        The site above is reporting track lengths of 23766 km for M0XER-3 and
        23421 km for M0XER-4. Leo's flights backfill areas not covered by APRS
        by downloading older logged data when in range of the APRS network.
        This fills in holes seen via the APRS-IS stream viewers such as
        aprs.fi.

        We're looking at 19 and 15 days of flight time... for an amateur radio
        HAB payload duration and distance record, I don't think anything else
        comes close. Ron K6RPT's flights from California to the Mediterranean
        were big news. These flights blow that away!

      • Fred Hillhouse Jr
        Message 4 of 16 , Jul 28, 2014

          I certainly think so and please don’t call me Shirley.

          Best regards,

          Fred N7FMH

          Message 5 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014

            Have put the word out here, and getting a few stations in SW England to tune in. For hopefully it’s arrival in the next couple of days. Watch this space > <

            Steve

            G6UIM

            Message 6 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014
              M0XER-3 was behind in the same Jet Stream. It may pop out and be picked up by Labrador or Newfoundland

              Don va7dgp

              Message 7 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014
                On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Don Poaps va7dgp@... [aprsisce]
                <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                > M0XER-3 was behind in the same Jet Stream. It may pop out and be picked up by Labrador or Newfoundland

                Don, M0XER-3 and M0XER-4 are headed east, not west. They left the
                Labrador coast yesterday and are headed eastbound towards the UK.

                M0XER-4 audio was recorded last night over NUUK Greenland, emailed to
                and decoded by DL7AD in Germany. That's how we have a single position
                report near Greenland that appears to have been heard in Germany.

                The most probable location for either of these payloads to be heard is
                over the UK, or perhaps Portugal or Spain. They appear to be taking
                the northerly route across the Atlantic which should take them home.

                There's very little statistical likelihood that M0XER-3 would reverse
                course and head back to Labrador and Newfoundland. The way the upper
                air masses are moving, if M0XER-3 did get sucked back into the high
                over James Bay, it would pop back up on APRS around Dryden.

                So far over the last 3 weeks these little payloads have followed the
                winds, and never have they exhibited the ability to flap their solar
                panels and go against the winds.

                Our friends in the UK have their eyes, ears, and beams pointed NW
                listening for the signals.

              • Steve
                Message 8 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014

                  Have been waiting for my son in law to put a concrete base down for my mast.

                  Today I thought enough is, and bolted it to the patio, by this evening I will have 14Dbd of 2m and 70cm beams on an AZ/EL rotator, linked to the habhub database for pointing.

                  If it comes close I will hear it J

                  Steve

                  G6UIM

                  Message 9 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014
                    On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM, 'Steve'
                    wrote:

                    > Have been waiting for my son in law to put a concrete base down for my mast.
                    >
                    > Today I thought enough is, and bolted it to the patio, by this evening I will have
                    >14Dbd of 2m and 70cm beams on an AZ/EL rotator, linked to the habhub database
                    > for pointing.
                    >
                    > If it comes close I will hear it J

                    That's it, the old boy's gone loopy!

                    Just hang your knickers and stocking on it to disguise it... the
                    neighbours will never know!

                  • Gervais Fillion
                    Message 10 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014
                      james,did it pass over Quebec?
                      gervais ve2ckn

                      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                      From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:43:50 -0600

                      Message 11 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014

                        Have been loopy for awhile.

                        It’s a tilt over mast which will be down when not in use.

                        I want to do EME again so the low noise masthead preamps and antennas are for that. Still waiting for the 500W 2M/70CM PA to arrive from Slovakia . It will be 17Dbd of antennas shortly.

                        Steve ‘loopy’ Daniels

                        G6UIM

                        Message 12 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014
                          On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Gervais Fillion ve2ckn2@...
                          [aprsisce] <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                          > james,did it pass over Quebec?

                          Yes, I sent a message when it was in range of your old house. Had you
                          still been running your i-gate, you would have been one of the last
                          stations in North America to hear them.

                          We ended up having to listen to them via VA2CMQ-3 instead!

                          Just look for M0XER-3 or M0XER-4 on aprs.fi, or try spacenear.us which
                          also is able to decode the logged data and backfill where no APRS
                          stations were in range.

                          http://habitat.habhub.org/mobile-tracker/

                          On spacenear.us, they are B-63 and B-64.

                        • Don Poaps
                          Message 13 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014

                            It does not pay to type messages on iPhone without glasses and just crawling out of bed. I have been following both across NA. 3 seem to follow 4. 4 popped out near Greenland. I know they're going east. iPhone spell check does weird things if you don't watch what you send before proff reading.

                            Don va7dgp

                            Message 14 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014

                              Hi James

                              Have you got a current prediction? I would like to know if it’s likely to pass within range of Iceland . I have been contacted by a station there. So there might be a chance of it getting tracked

                              Steve

                              G6UIM

                              Message 15 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014
                                On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:15 PM, 'Steve'
                                wrote:

                                > Have you got a current prediction?

                                Nope, I don't have any current location information.

                                > I would like to know if it’s likely to pass within range of Iceland. I have been
                                > contacted by a station there. So there might be a chance of it getting tracked

                                I ran a prediction based on the last known position of M0XER-4 off the
                                coast of Greenland. At that time the prediction had the payload
                                heading south of Iceland, probably far enough away that it would be
                                out of range.

                                M0XER-4 may track differently based on the elapsed time between them.

                                The best way to know if they do get in range is to listen, listen, listen.

                                http://predict.habhub.org/#!/uuid=d831fe021abd360b6e514dbeb3c03b8aba0ce144

                              • Gervais Fillion
                                Message 16 of 16 , Jul 30, 2014
                                  Well
                                  i was not home,i restart Igate VE2CKN at my new home but just an Jpole at the moment,,

                                  maybe you or a member could help james,i am looking for a DNS Cleint that would run on an Windows 98SE,,if you or anyone would have one sent it to me at
                                  ve2ckn2 at hotmail.fr

                                  i need one for an Igate ve2rnj that is running in 98se,,,,yes i know it is obsolete but it is working,i need to access it remotely and i did not found any client for 98se.

                                  Still those balloon from the other side of the big lake,,,if they add a camera !!

                                  gervais
                                  thanks james

                                  To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com