where are the packet log files stored?

  • Don Rolph
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2014
      Any help would be appreciated.

      Clearly I am missing something.

      Thanks ion advance!

      --

      73,
      AB1PH
      Don Rolph
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22, 2014

        You need to turn on what logs you want under the enables menu. Enable Logging and select those you want, you can then view them Enable view logs. The log files are stored in the same directory as the program.

        Steve

        G6UIM

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 22, 2014
          So I had packet logging enabled.  I was watching them being logged.  I am looking in the log files, however, and cant seem to find the entries.  I think I am confused.

          Thoughts?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22, 2014
            There packet logging (Enables / Ports / Log All) and port logging (Enables / Logging / Port(<YourPortName>)) and logging to disk (Enables / Logging / File Enabled).

            Packet logs are the easiest to process and should be stored in the directory with APRSIS32.EXE (or whatever your default directory is if you've set up a shortcut) with a *.PKT extension.

            Port logging will put port activity into the trace log window and optionally to disk in the APRSIS32*.LOG files also located in your default directory.