APRSIS and D710

  • jhrayburn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2014

      I have installed APRSIS on my laptop and interfaced it with the D710 through the control panel COM port.  I can see my vehicle on the screen and it follows my location as I travel. I am not seeing any other stations on the screen.

      I have been working on trying to get this to work.  This is short notice but on Sat and Sun (7/19-20) I am assisting with an MS150 bike ride both days.

      My COM port is set to ON which would be evident with seeing my station on the APRSIS software.

      Is anyone familiar with this issue? Should I be able to see other stations while not able to access the IGate (which I believe requires internet access)?

      Thank you for your time and help with this question.

      Jim

      W3JIM

    • Rob Giuliano
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2014
        I am not real familiar with the D710, but I know there are 2 modes:
        1.  Leaves the D710 in control and just feeds the equivalent of a waypoint to the attached device (computer in your case)
        2.  Allows the attached device to take control and it handles all the data.
        It sounds like you are in option 1, and want option 2.

        Have you edited the XML file to ensure/put the proper commands fro the D710 there?

        Have you checked out these 2 web pages on the wiki?
        Sorry if this is redundant.

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2014

          Are you seeing stations scroll up on the left side? If so, then check the setting on the toolbar.

          ToolbaràView

          Is it NONE? If so change to ALL.

          Best regards,

          Fred N7FMH

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 18, 2014
            Thank you for your responses.  I wasn't seeing stations on the left side.  After reviewing some of the links, I carefully worked on reconfiguring.  Parto f it was with the ports.  After some time it was working.  I think it may have been with both units competing for control.

            Thank you,
            Jim