CWOP

  • Burt Sammis
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 14, 2014
      Here we go again.
      In the configure/ports/new port menu for configuring CWOP it calls for a port setting
      of 10152 which gives a full world wide feed.  WOW, too much info.  Do not care for all the Wx stations in the world.
      Where can I find a port setting for NW Louisiana and NE Texas?
      Burt
      AF5AA

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 14, 2014

              I accidentally turned on "follow" for my own station and can't find the switch to turn it off.
          Any suggestions?

                                                        Kurt KC9LDH

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 14, 2014
               A faded pop-up screen keeps popping up with my station in it.  The upper left corner says "Find KC9LDH-1"
              I want to turn it off.  I inadvertently turned it on and can't stop it.  Might I have some other
              switch or notification turned on by mistake?  Kurt

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 14, 2014
                Check what you have in Screen / Labels / Nicknames, especially if you have any defined that has "Always" checked.

                A screen shot of what you're talking about can go a long way to communicating it as well.  Just in case I'm commenting on a mis-understanding of what you might be seeing.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 14, 2014

                  OK,

                  I shutoff use nickname.  Waiting to see if it comes up
                  Again.  Will get shot then.  I was wrong with my description.
                  The upper left hand corner said "follow KC9LDH-1 not "find".
                  So far as I write this, no pop up.  Kurt

                  On Jul 14, 2014 3:37 PM, "'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  > Check what you have in Screen / Labels / Nicknames, especially if you have any defined that has "Always" checked.
                  >
                  > A screen shot of what you're talking about can go a long way to communicating it as well.  Just in case I'm commenting on a mis-understanding of what you might be seeing.

                  > On 7/14/2014 4:19 PM, Kurt ksaves2@... [aprsisce] wrote:
                  >>
                  >>  A faded pop-up screen keeps popping up with my station in it.  The upper left corner says "Find KC9LDH-1"
                  >> I want to turn it off.  I inadvertently turned it on and can't stop it.  Might I have some other
                  >> switch or notification turned on by mistake?  Kurt

                • Kurt
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 14, 2014
                    That was it.  I had a nickname in for myself and "Use Nickname" was checked.  I unchecked it and
                    I no longer see a pop-up screen with "Follow KC9LDH-1" in the upper left hand corner.
                    Problem solved.  Thanks.   Kurt KC9LDH