NWS Weather Warnings,

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2014
      Hello All,

      Really like the weather warnings for the areas I have selected. What I
      don't care for are the repeated weather warnings every ten or fifteen
      minutes. Anyway to cure that?

      73,

      Ken KB6KB
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2014
        Is it the arriving message that you don't like, or are you getting the
        MultiTrack popping up every time?

        If it is the former, that's the nature of the beast. If it's the
        latter, you can check Configure / NWS / Popup MultiTrack / Only If New.

        The warnings are generated periodically while they are in force, so we
        can't affect the source. And once you clear (read) the message, it will
        look new when received again. If you receive multiple copies before
        reading one, you should see a (*N-hh:mm:ss) at the end of the message.
        That means you received it N times with hh:mm:ss being the most recent.
        The leading mm-dd hh:mm:ss is the time the first copy of the message was
        received.

        On 7/9/2014 12:28 AM, Ken kb6kb@... [aprsisce] wrote:
        > Hello All,
        >
        > Really like the weather warnings for the areas I have selected. What I
        > don't care for are the repeated weather warnings every ten or fifteen
        > minutes. Anyway to cure that?
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Ken KB6KB

        > Posted by: Ken <kb6kb@...>

        > Yahoo Groups Links

      • Fred Hillhouse Jr
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2014

          Check your message settings. Select “but not NWS” and I think that will fix it. Of course, I am assuming you are talking about the message that come from them.

          Best regards,

          Fred N7FMH