PARAMETERS TO SET UP APRIS32

  • n2pkt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2014

      I am new t this system and had a lot of problems setting up. Is there a page or simple parameter sheet that will allow me to set this program up. I am not using a TNC, just using it on my computer. I keep getting "ME" in the identification and unsure how the nickname works or reason. I would like my call sign at my coordinates

      and lastly is there a reason why when I sign on it says "Suspended" until I transmit. I know there are probably instructions around somewhere, but right now, I'm just frustrated! Thanks for your assistance!

      de N2PKT  Lou

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2014

        On 6/13/2014 8:54 PM, n2pkt@... [aprsisce] wrote:
        I am new t this system and had a lot of problems setting up. Is there a page or simple parameter sheet that will allow me to set this program up. I am not using a TNC, just using it on my computer. I keep getting "ME" in the identification and unsure how the nickname works or reason. I would like my call sign at my coordinates

        "ME" dates back to my original APRSISCE/32 implementation.  With enough user pressure, I made it a nickname so that you can get whatever displayed for your own station.  The Screen / Labels / Nicknames cascading menu should have an entry for your callsign-SSID.  Select that one, check the Enabled Box, check the Label box, and enter what you want displayed for your station in that field.  In your case, Station and Label should be your callsign-SSID.

        and lastly is there a reason why when I sign on it says "Suspended" until I transmit. I know there are probably instructions around somewhere, but right now, I'm just frustrated! Thanks for your assistance!

        Uncheck Configure / Beacon / After Transmit.  From http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:configure-beacon

        After Transmit - In a semi-mobile (not fixed) GPS-less installation, it may be desirable to not transmit a position beacon on initial startup until the last known position can be confirmed and possibly corrected. If this option is checked, APRSISCE/32 will not transmit a position beacon until the Transmit menu option has been manually activated. Given that the Transmit option allows the user to move "ME" to the center of the screen, this allows the actual current position to be verified and/or changed before any position beacons are sent.