DroidPSK / APRS Messenger

  • Fred Hillhouse Jr
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2014
      Greetings,

      I know some here use APRS Messenger so maybe you are the best people to
      question.

      If I formed a packet and transmitted it via DroidPSK, would it be decoded?

      If not, why?

      I was thinking about trying this over the weekend using DroidPSK. It uses
      the MIC/EAR port to connect to my FT857D so in theory I could get by without
      another modem for now.

      Thanks!

      Best regards,
      Fred N7FMH
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2014
        Check with the APRS Messenger author for the details of the over-the-air
        packet format. IIRC, he generates some framing characters (*, I think)
        and also adds a checksum since he doesn't have the AX.25 packet wrapper
        checksum ensuring data integrity.

        Chris, G4HYG, runs the cross_countryr_wireless Yahoo group for his stuff:

        On 6/6/2014 11:12 AM, 'Fred Hillhouse Jr' fmhillhouse@...
        [aprsisce] wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > I know some here use APRS Messenger so maybe you are the best people to
        > question.
        >
        > If I formed a packet and transmitted it via DroidPSK, would it be decoded?
        >
        > If not, why?
        >
        > I was thinking about trying this over the weekend using DroidPSK. It uses
        > the MIC/EAR port to connect to my FT857D so in theory I could get by without
        > another modem for now.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Fred N7FMH