Midnight Commander Tile Server???

  • w7boz
    Message 1 of 7 , May 20, 2014

      Does anyone know what the status of the Midnight Commander Tile Server? It was "a.tile.cloudmade.com".

       url "/BC9A493B41014CAABB98F0471D759707/999/256/"

      If it not around anymore, does someone know of another one? I had to copy my cached tiles to my tablet that I am running in my Jeep. The regular maps are way to bright for night driving. But the Midnight commander is great along with a nigh mode Windows Theme.

      Thanks, Kevin

      W7BOZ

    • Adam Mahnke
      Message 2 of 7 , May 20, 2014
        Last I knew all cloudmade servers were unavailable.

        Adam
        KC2ANT

        Message 3 of 7 , May 20, 2014

          That is true and I do not know of any similar tiles.

          Best regards,

          Fred N7FMH

          Message 4 of 7 , May 20, 2014
            Kevin,

            Give these a try

            <!--TileServer[10]-->
            <TileServer Name="Zombie">
            <Server>c.tiles.mapbox.com</Server>
            <Port>80</Port>
            <URLPrefix>/v3/jeffmerrick.map-tnw3k3na/</URLPrefix>
            <SupportsStatus>0</SupportsStatus>
            <Path>E:/Documents/ham radio/APRS/APRSIS32/Development Version/ZombieOSM/</Path>
            <PurgeEnabled>1</PurgeEnabled>
            <RetainDays>14</RetainDays>
            <RetainZoom>0</RetainZoom>
            <MinServerZoom>0</MinServerZoom>
            <MaxServerZoom>18</MaxServerZoom>
            <RevisionHours>0</RevisionHours>
            </TileServer>
            <!--TileServer[10]-->

            <!--TileServer[13]-->
            <TileServer Name="Mapbox St Dark">
            <Server>c.tiles.mapbox.com</Server>
            <Port>80</Port>
            <URLPrefix>/v3/examples.map-cnkhv76j/</URLPrefix>
            <SupportsStatus>0</SupportsStatus>
            <Path>E:/Documents/ham radio/APRS/APRSIS32/Development Version/Mapbox Street/</Path>
            <PurgeEnabled>1</PurgeEnabled>
            <RetainDays>0</RetainDays>
            <RetainZoom>0</RetainZoom>
            <MinServerZoom>0</MinServerZoom>
            <MaxServerZoom>15</MaxServerZoom>
            <RevisionHours>0</RevisionHours>
            </TileServer>
            <!--TileServer[13]-->

            the mapbox Dark only show's up at zoom 12 or higher though. I normally use Zombie when driving at night.

            Adam
            KC2ANT

            To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
            From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 10:11:19 -0400

            Message 5 of 7 , May 20, 2014

              Ah yes, the Map of the Dead!

              http://www.mapofthedead.com/

              From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 10:11:19 -0400

              Message 6 of 7 , May 22, 2014
                Very nice Adam. At least they are not white. Doing the Zombie one right now. So nice to see a forum share things. I have been so busy with other things that I do not get to reply and help with the posts. But everyone is doing a great job. Still read the posts. :)

                Thanks, Kevin
                W7BOZ

                PS. If anyone ever finds a blue layout that would be great!
              • w7boz
                Message 7 of 7 , May 23, 2014
                  Wiki Group,

                  Could someone add these maps to the ones on the Wiki site? I forgot my username and pass. I think that there are others that would really like to see these "Night Time" tiles available.

                  Thanks, Kevin
                  W7BOZ