THD 72A/GPS

  • Don Poaps
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19 3:08 PM
      Group

      I have my THD72A setup as Kiss on Band A. I have setup Kenwood THD72A for PC on. My Packet12 is on. If I transmit the Aprsis32 I don't see the red light show as transmit.

      I'm not seeing and * by the calls showing on left. I like to able to have this running when I head out on a trip with my wife. They don't have any Winlink stations so I hope I can link into APRS packet and have my local packet buddies track and sent msg while I'm being a tourist in Hinton and Jasper, AB

      The data from the Kenwood GPS do I need to set it up. I have not seen any info online about it.??

      73

      Va7dgp

      --
      Don Poaps
      New Westminster, BC

          Message 4 of 5 , May 19 6:14 PM
            The local club has access up there, I think. Hmm, maybe not. I just had a look at the repeater location on Repeaterbook.com and it looks to be at the top of the Jasper Tramway.

            Not much local interest in APRS. The one major proponent in the area passed away a couple years ago. Most of the APRS digipeaters within a couple hundred miles of Edmonton are sponsored by myself or Curtis.

            If you could get access to a site up top of Marmot, that would be great.