RE: [group] Known issue

    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2014
      Was going to point you to that, I run a freecycle group and it has totally
      messed things up.

      Perhaps we need a different passcode request system now, unless Yahoo change
      things back

      Steve
      G6UIM

      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2014
        The moderator's are exploring what changed that is causing us (me, so
        far) to send passcodes to the group. Yahoo recently started re-writing
        the From: header of the passcode requests such that when we do a simple
        Reply or Reply-To-All, the message goes to the group INSTEAD of directly
        to the originator of the request.

        We need to edit the reply's To: address to make sure this doesn't
        happen. In the meantime, please pardon the inadvertent messages that
        result from Yahoo's mis-guided change.

        On 5/16/2014 9:17 AM, 'Steve Daniels' steve@...
        [aprsisce] wrote:
        > Was going to point you to that, I run a freecycle group and it has totally
        > messed things up.
        >
        > Perhaps we need a different passcode request system now, unless Yahoo change
        > things back
        >
        > Steve
        > G6UIM

      • Rob Giuliano
        Message 3 of 3 , May 16, 2014
          Well, at least it goes to the group who "mostly" understand the passcode system, and not to non-APRS people who may try and "hack the system".

          As you have been doing, it is wise to delete these messages from the archives.

          Robert Giuliano
          KB8RCO