GPS satellite screen status display

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 16 , May 4, 2014
      Hello All,

      Not sure if the subject line is correct. I have been running GPS with
      APRS-IS for some time and all the screen elements worked as expected.
      Several days ago, the satellite status bar at the bottm of the screen
      has disappeared but all other GPS screen elements are there and the GPS
      data is valid.

      What did I do to cause that?

      Ken Borer KB6KB
    • Colin XSD
      Message 2 of 16 , May 5, 2014
        Hi Ken,

        Check whether you have Configure\Screen\Satellites checked:

        image

        73, Colin M0XSD.

          Message 4 of 16 , May 5, 2014

            Ken
            what is your version of aprsisce you are using?
            thanks
            Gervais ve2ckn

            To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 16 , May 5, 2014
              Hi Gervais,

              I am running 2012/08/30 09:19

              Does that help?

              Ken KB6KB

              To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 16 , May 5, 2014

                well
                i am running the same release as you.
                i was wondering if Lynn as another one since i add mine.

                thanks
                Gervais ve2ckn

                To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 16 , May 5, 2014

                  Personally I would change to the development version. I have been running it a long time with no problems.

                  http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version

                  It has the latest features.

                  Best regards,

                  Fred N7FMH

                  To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 5, 2014
                    well Fred,i prefer when Lynn is gaving us a link for a new version or the system will gave me a message that a new version is available.
                    Playing in the setup like this is not my way.

                    73 Fred,thanks for your response
                    Gervais ve2ckn

                    To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                    To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 5, 2014

                      The non-development version is rather dated now. Actually except for a change in March, the development version is quite dated as well.

                      There are many (at least a few anyway) good features that have been added to the development version that in my not so humble opinion make the change worthwhile.

                      The decision is yours. I just wanted you to know that I feel confident that changing would work for you.

                      Best regards,

                      Fred N7FMH

                      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 5, 2014
                        Hi Fred and Gervais,

                        I made the change after Fred's earlier post. The xml change required is quite simple to do (of course, make a backup first. After the restart, went to the About menu and it noted the development version was available. Downloaded and installed just fine.

                        Every option that I had worked on prior to the update still works fine, My latest effort has been in implementing the weather alert functions. All my testing has been done in the "passive mode" - no beacons to the internet. Just about ready to turn everything on and go live.

                        Nice job, Lynn!!

                        Ken KB6KB

                        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 16 , May 5, 2014

                          Am hoping Lynn will push the current development version to general soon. Obviously the general version is a couple of years old.

                          The development version works just fine.

                          Obviously earning $$ and family life come before writing free software.

                          He has written other things like the Habitat to APRS System, currently offline for a bug fix.

                          Obviously I think Lynn has done a great job

                          Steve

                          G6UIM

                          To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                            To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 16 , May 5, 2014

                              yes Fred,i appreciate your gest for me.
                              Lately i have been traveling between the hospital and home and i am not in mood to play APRS much more.

                              i will wait if one day Lynn send a General Call .

                              thanks Fred,

                              Gervais

                              To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                              To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                              Message 14 of 16 , May 6, 2014

                                No Geocaching?

                                You just need a temp digipeater/I-Gate!

                                Enjoy your time together!

                                Best regards,

                                Fred N7FMH

                                To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 16 , May 6, 2014

                                  Hi Gervias,

                                  I understand how things affect other things. I took my HF rig from my car awhile back for car repair and haven’t really felt like putting it back. Not in the mood I guess.

                                  I don’t know if it is your health or someone you are close to but I hope the best for you and those around you!!

                                  Best regards,

                                  Fred N7FMH

                                  To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 6, 2014

                                    30 years of putting up with you! She must be a saint.

                                    Hope you have a great time

                                    Steve

                                    G6UIM

                                    To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com