Re: [aprsisce] Receiving a bulletin message

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2010
      Julian,

      I'll be adding Bulletin support when I add the ability to re-view
      received messages and generally beef up the messaging section. I've
      re-read the spec and it appears that clients are actually supposed to
      display ALL messages received for the configured callsign regardless of
      the -SSID in use. It is only supposed to ACK messages that match the -SSID.

      So, while I'm opening up the message reception to provide for that (and
      playing with APRS-IS filters to see if the proper messages are
      delivered), I'll add bulletin support.

      I've never seen how UI-View does it, but I'm considering a "Bulletin
      Board" dialog that has a drop-down or multiple tabs to see the bulletin
      message lines received from each individual sender. I know this
      violates one of Bob's intentions of "anyone being able to overwrite
      anyone else's bulletin line", but that spec was done before APRS-IS
      merged vastly diverse geographic regions into a single client view.

      Not sure when I'll get to it, but now that it's been mentioned, I'll
      boost it up the list.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      PS. A t/m filter should deliver ALL messages and bulletins to your
      client since a bulletin is just a message addressed to a particular
      callsign prefix (BLN).