Follow Objects

  • n2ki.ham73
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 10 12:03 PM
      Every so often I get a new window open up with an APRS station that the software is following.  I have no idea how I may have turned this on, but how do I turn it off to stop it from happening?

      Thanks

      Anthony
    • Fred Hillhouse Jr
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 10 12:20 PM

        Check out your Nicknames (toolbar-screen-labels-nicknames). You may have followed it at some time.

        What is your toolbar-screen-follow set to? Pick ME.

        Best regards,

        Fred N7FMH

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 10 12:27 PM
          There's any number of ways this can occur.  It may be a Weather alert object, or a NickName with MultiTrack New, Auto, or Always checked, or it may be a remembered MultiTrack.  If you send your APRSIS32.xml configuration file and the station/object ID that is popping open to KJ4ERJ@..., I might be able to tell you exactly which feature is being activated.

          On 4/10/2014 3:03 PM, c8342ca0@... wrote:
          Every so often I get a new window open up with an APRS station that the software is following.  I have no idea how I may have turned this on, but how do I turn it off to stop it from happening?

          Thanks

          Anthony

        • Anthony (N2KI)

                Message 7 of 11 , May 6, 2014
                  Lynn,

                  This "Follow" window started to happen again now with WA2FPB-3.  Not sure why out of the blue a secondary window will open and follow the object.  Sometimes multiple windows for the same object.

                  How do I prevent this from happening.  This time it does not seem to be related to nay Nicknames that I can tell.

                  Thanks!

                  Anthony - N2KI
                • Adam Mahnke
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 6, 2014
                    I think this also happens under certain Mic-E notifications as well. Priority and Special, as well as emergency IIRC.

                    Looking as his boat, he is indeed transmitting a Priority Mic-E notification, which IIRC prompts the pop up follow window.

                    Go do Configure Mic-E Notifications, and you can uncheck "Priority" or check "Suppress notifications" and it should stop.

                    Adam
                    KC2ANT

                    To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 6, 2014
                        Thanks, Mine are all suppressed except emergency. So many people are using them incorrectly, and without message capable stations that it became crazy with multitrack windows. I finally suppressed them all. I knew something else caused it, just took me some time to remember what it was. As soon as I saw the orange square it jogged my brain housing group into action.

                        Adam
                        KC2ANT

                        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com