Feature request - Lat/Lon types to choose from

  • w7boz
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2014

      Hi Lynn and Group,

      I think I asked you Lynn about this some time back. What I would like to see, is a way to choose from the different formats of Lat/Lon. Maybe a drop down menu that lets you choose the format. And then with the Lat/Lon at the bottom window, a xxx.xxx.xx or whatever the format description. So you know what format is being used. I have seen so many times over and over, people not knowing what format they are using.

      Thanks for your time,

      Kevin

      W7BOZ

    • Adam Mahnke
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2014
        It would be handy to be able to enter coords manually, or choose how we want them displayed, but I think APRS standard is Decimal degrees, IIRC.

        But, the ability to have some other way to input them and auto convert would be nice.

        Sense Lynn now has an Android platform I can share a link for him to look at. :)

        Adam
        KC2ANT

        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2014

          oops, I mean Deg Min...

          DDMM.mm

          I get so confused.

          Adam
          KC2ANT

          To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31, 2014
            It would also be cool to be able to choose between LatLong and UTM in the display.
            73, Ron
            +++++++++++++

            From: kc2ant@...
            > Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:12:02 -0400
            > Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Feature request - Lat/Lon types to choose from

            />>

            From: w7boz@...
            > Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 03:40:31 -0700
            > Subject: [aprsisce] Feature request - Lat/Lon types to choose from

            />>

            > Hi Lynn
            and Group,

            > I think I asked you Lynn about this some time back. What I would like to
            > see, is a way to choose from the different formats of Lat/Lon. Maybe a
            > drop down menu that lets you choose the format. And then with the Lat/Lon
            > at the bottom window, a xxx.xxx.xx or whatever the format description. So
            > you know what format is being used. I have seen so many times over and
            > over, people not knowing what format they are using.
            >

            > Thanks for your time,
            >
            > Kevin
            >
            > W7BOZ

            />>