Feature request - Lat/Lon types to choose from

  • w7boz
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 28, 2014

      Hi Lynn and Group,

      I think I asked you Lynn about this some time back. What I would like to see, is a way to choose from the different formats of Lat/Lon. Maybe a drop down menu that lets you choose the format. And then with the Lat/Lon at the bottom window, a xxx.xxx.xx or whatever the format description. So you know what format is being used. I have seen so many times over and over, people not knowing what format they are using.

      Thanks for your time,

      Kevin

      W7BOZ

    • Adam Mahnke
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2014
        It would be handy to be able to enter coords manually, or choose how we want them displayed, but I think APRS standard is Decimal degrees, IIRC.

        But, the ability to have some other way to input them and auto convert would be nice.

        Sense Lynn now has an Android platform I can share a link for him to look at. :)

        Adam
        KC2ANT

        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2014

          oops, I mean Deg Min...

          DDMM.mm

          I get so confused.

          Adam
          KC2ANT

          To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2014
            It would also be cool to be able to choose between LatLong and UTM in the display.
            73, Ron
            +++++++++++++

            From: kc2ant@...
            > Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:12:02 -0400
            > Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Feature request - Lat/Lon types to choose from

            />>

            From: w7boz@...
            > Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 03:40:31 -0700
            > Subject: [aprsisce] Feature request - Lat/Lon types to choose from

            />>

            > Hi Lynn
            and Group,

            > I think I asked you Lynn about this some time back. What I would like to
            > see, is a way to choose from the different formats of Lat/Lon. Maybe a
            > drop down menu that lets you choose the format. And then with the Lat/Lon
            > at the bottom window, a xxx.xxx.xx or whatever the format description. So
            > you know what format is being used. I have seen so many times over and
            > over, people not knowing what format they are using.
            >

            > Thanks for your time,
            >
            > Kevin
            >
            > W7BOZ

            />>

            />>

          • a_mascola
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 25
              Dear Lynn and APRSIS32 community,
              As a  search and rescue team member and outdoor person I am looking for how I might display a UTM grid on the APRSIS32 map and  to see UTM coordinates rather than latitude longitude and to have the map's geodetic datum displayed such as NAD27 or NAD83 / WGS84 to assist in accurate communications during field operations.  Is there some way to configure this?  I searched the conversations and this is the only thread that I found and I can't see this option described.  I am exploring SARTracker as another option but would like to know if APRSIS32 can do this.  Thank you for your assistance.
              Sincerely,
              Anthony Mascola
              KJ6OKV
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 25
                This falls under the "frequently requested feature" category, but it is not yet available.

                SARTracker is an application that is completely focused on the SAR community needs with APRS support added as well.  If you're seriously into SAR, then I suspect that'll be a better solution for you given the security, logging, and other SAR-specific features that the product seems to include.

                If you're primarily an APRS operator that sometimes supports SAR operations, then APRSISCE/32 may be sufficient for your uses.

                On 4/25/2017 12:46 PM, a_mascola@... [aprsisce] wrote:
                Dear Lynn and APRSIS32 community,
                As a  search and rescue team member and outdoor person I am looking for how I might display a UTM grid on the APRSIS32 map and  to see UTM coordinates rather than latitude longitude and to have the map's geodetic datum displayed such as NAD27 or NAD83 / WGS84 to assist in accurate communications during field operations.  Is there some way to configure this?  I searched the conversations and this is the only thread that I found and I can't see this option described.  I am exploring SARTracker as another option but would like to know if APRSIS32 can do this.  Thank you for your assistance.
                Sincerely,
                Anthony Mascola
                KJ6OKV

              • Bill Vodall
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 25
                  That may be related to why a local APRS Ham (aka SAR Guy) created
                  Coordinates Now for the Android.

                  http://amzn.to/2qbs8BJ