Igate "allowed" Inet to RF stations setup

  • na4it
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 26, 2014
      I am trying to configure APRSIS32 to replace our old UI-View32 used in our club shack as Widen-N, TNn-N and Igate system (KG4FZR-7) and need help with the Inet to RF stations setup. I tried the Control G, enter b/CALLSIGN. Control I, but nothing seems to happen when I do the Control I.

      Also could use some help to set up the digi (or at least see if I did it right).

      If someone who knows the ins and outs could contact me at my email, it would be much appreciated.

      na4it at yahoo dot come
    • Rob Giuliano
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 26, 2014
        After you check this out:
        Post what you have and I am sure you will get feedback.

        The answer will partly depend on the number of hops you want your TNn-N (and WIDEn-N as well) to handle.  APRSIS32 requires a line per exchange.

        Most common for WIDE 1 and WIDE2 DIGI:
        <DigiXform>WIDE1-1=WIDE1*</DigiXform>
        <DigiXform>WIDE2-1=WIDE2*</DigiXform>
        <DigiXform>WIDE2-2=WIDE2-1</DigiXform>

        So TN would look like - assuming a simple 2 hop setup:
        <DigiXform>TN2-1=TN1*</DigiXform>
        <DigiXform>TN2-2=TN2-1</DigiXform>
        Remember to put the DigiXform outside the ports (for now)

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 27, 2014
            I tried that, but it seemed it wasn't digipeating.
          • na4it
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 27, 2014
              Are you planning on having the Igate advanced function in a future release?
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 27, 2014
                When I finally get the Development release finalized, and include some sort of traffic limiting in the -IS to RF IGate function, then it will go general.  In the meantime, just upgrade to Development and you can use it today.

                At least I assume you mean the Control-G/Control-I filtered -IS to RF IGating when you say "Igate advanced function".

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 27, 2014
                  Please send your APRSIS32.XML file to KJ4ERJ@... and I'll see what you have worng (sic).  Most likely you put the <DigiXForm>s inside the <RFPort> instead of outside.

                  Do you have any Digi* trace logs available in the Enables / View Logs menu?  If so, bring them up and enable them and see what you can learn.  It's quite possible that you just haven't received any packets that trigger your configured <DigiXForm>s.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 27, 2014
                    I would be glad to send it to you for review, but Yahoo groups hides email addresses.
                  • na4it
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 27, 2014
                      Well, fumble fingers put the digipeat stuff in the wrong section. I had clicked in the right section, then went to the website to copy / paste the digi data, and evidently the cursor jumped places when I came back.

                      I'll try the development version and see if I can get the gate working. Thanks.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 27, 2014
                        Good to know you figured out the Digipeater.  I'm sure the Development version will get the IGate feature working for you as well.

                        My e-mail address is KJ4ERJ at arrl dot net.  Feel free to send things like config and log files there.  Questions are best posted to the group as one of my (many) philosophies is that for every person that posts a question, there's probably 10 (or more) people interested in the answer.