Improperly moving map

  • Rob Giuliano
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 23, 2014
      System Info:
          About APRSISCE/32
          APRS-IS Client by KJ4ERJ
          Built: 2014/03/18 17:38
      In WINE 1.4.1 over Mint 15 KDE 4.10.5

      I don't remember this under other rteleases run this way.

      While "multitracking" another station and moving the mouse around in the "multitrack window", the map on the main window moves with the mouse.  This movement does NOT correspond with the area in the multitrack map.

      Main Settings:
        Screen Follow:
           ME       -> checked
           Locked -> checked
      Multi Settings:
        Screen Follow:
           ME       -> UNchecked
           Locked -> UNchecked
       there is no option to choose the station being tracked
         NOTE:  station being tracked has not been heard in hours
      It stopped, and I tried getting to again.

      While trying the above:
      Issue 2:
      Now, when I move the map in the Multitrack window, the background goes white (no map) and I have to find the call again to get it back (zoom level doesn't change, but it appears to be zoomed in).  Changing zoom causes yellow circle on both maps, but still no map on the multi.  Zoom way out, and I am in northern Canada (which was "WAY OFF" the original map), or the zoomed map.  Just tried "follow Center" and the map returned to normal.

      Seems to be if the mouse leaves the multi window:
        Start in upper left and move left or up.  It doesn't stop at the map border.  If you go off the windows where no other map exists - no issue.  Go off the map over the main window, and it jumps WAY OFF either map.
         More info:  going
                           East off map -> OKAY
                           South off map OKAY
                           West off map -> JUMP
                           North off map -> Top gets BLACK and big jump
      What is underneath doesn't seem to matter.
      BOTH maps do it.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 23, 2014
        Are you running multiple monitors or some remote control/desktop extension software, for instance uSoft's "Mouse without Borders"?  This really sounds like you're Windows is doing some strange stuff.

        Oh wait, you're under WINE.  Nothing has changed in this release, but I suspect something in your WINE setup and/or mouse emulation into Windows software might have.

        Any other WINE users running the latest development release?

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 23, 2014
          I am running a KDE VNC/desktop sharing app (KRFB), but I always do.
          This has been running under this configuration for some time (several months), with this being the first time I noticed it.  That doesn't mean it wasn't there before.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 23, 2014
            Also tried it from the KDE computer with the VNC/ sharing turned off - same issue.

            Then, I tried it on a Windows XP machine, and the mouse won't leave the active window no VNC or sharing.

            NEXT, I tried the it with VNC running on Mint 15 with the Cinamon desktop (1.8.8).
              Mouse goes outside the window, but the window STOPS moving.

            Looks like this is a particular issue with the KDE desktop and mouse handling.  Also must have some mouse acceleration thing happening that isn't working properly.

            I guess this needs to be sent off to the KDE team instead.

            As Lynn said, I'd be interested if anyone else is having this issue on a machine.

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 23, 2014
              Hi Rob,

              Sorry, but it's working fine for me.  I tried both the GA version (2012/08/30 - WOW, is it THAT old?) which is running my "production" iGate, and also the latest Development version.  The mouse behaves the same, and as expected, in both.

              GA version is on OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE, KRFB enabled; Development version was on OpenSuSE 11.4, KDE, KRFB enabled also.

              I haven't played with the focus controls under KDE, so they're probably default.  That might be a place to look / tweek.  You might check to see of some odd-ball program is running in, perhaps, a browser window?  Keyboard scroll-lock turned on?

              Otherwise, I'd say your mouse is posessed...

              Greg  KO6TH

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 23, 2014
                Greg D -
                Thanks for the feedback.  I have messed with the mouse and screen stuff a bit, but only the "snap-to" stuff which annoys me to no end.
                So maybe it is specific to Mint.  I've got Arch running on a different machine, and a version of Fedora on an older one.  I'll check them with KDE and Gnome at least.

                Robert Giuliano
                KB8RCO

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 23, 2014

                  Using Linux Lite here, patriotic I guess, and xfce desktop, development release of APRSIS and all is OK
                  Murry   VE9MB

                Message 8 of 8 , Mar 25, 2014
                  I'm running the latest development version under Wine without any issues at all. All versions have been stable for at least one year anyway.

                  Using Linux Mint 15 with Cinnamon, remote controlling it with SSH-tunelled VNC (x11vnc server, TightVNC viewer).

                  PS: Lynn, is there a changelog somewhere?

                  --
                  73 de LA1HSA, Asbjoern.