Weather node and Battery Voltage

  • chuckbland
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18, 2014
      I have a WX station (NA6BR-13) that is reporting battery voltage using the /V parameter in the packet.

      The program is showing 0.0 in the detail display box for the station.

      Is this what it is supposed to do?

      Chuck

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18, 2014
        Nope, it's not supposed to do that!  If you are running the latest development version, do an About and download the latest version.  It's fixed!

        Thanks for noticing and reporting the issue.  First report I've had of that one.

        Mine now shows:

        NA6BR-13 via KQ6DI-1+
        Sym: WX Service (/_)
        Temp: 59ºF
        Battery: 12.8v
        Wind: 2mph S (Gust:4)
        Rain(in): 0.02(today)
        Bar: 29.92in Hum: 53%
        Soft: ADS-WS1
        Unit: ADS-WS1

        App: Open Tracker (W1)
        Packet(4m19s):NA6BR-13 -> KQ6DI-1
        I: 0 2
        FromME: 2396mi WNW (298º)
        GridSquare: CM98rl
        3829.88N 12033.82W
        2014-03-18 21:34:20 (4m13s)
        WIDE2-2
        RemRF

        PS.  I had a (long) cast which should have been a (double) when formatting the text box.

        On 3/18/2014 5:30 PM, cclaytonbland@... wrote:
        I have a WX station (NA6BR-13) that is reporting battery voltage using the /V parameter in the packet.

        The program is showing 0.0 in the detail display box for the station.

        Is this what it is supposed to do?

        Chuck

      • Randy Love
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 18, 2014

          On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:
          PS.  I had a (long) cast which should have been a (double) when formatting the text box.

          It's ok, Lynn. Some of us actually know what you mean with that statement.

          And all I can say about it is Whoops!  :)

          Randy
          WF5X
        • chuckbland
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 18, 2014
          Uhhhh......

          1) I was already running the current version (see attached).
          2) It isn't working here (see attached).

          Chuck

        • Rob Giuliano
          Message 5 of 7 , Mar 18, 2014
            But not the latest "development version".

            Looks like you need to be on the cutting edge.

            Info at:

            Close the APP and edit the XML Config file:
            Find
               <Update.Development>0</Update.Development>
            Change to
               <Update.Development>1</Update.Development>

            Then check the ABOUT again.

            Although this is a development version, many of us have been running DEVELOPMENT VERSIONS for quite some time.  Lynn's development versions are usually more like "Release Candidates".

            Robert Giuliano
            KB8RCO

            Message 6 of 7 , Mar 18, 2014

              There is a lot of difference between the general and development versions

              Currently the first thing I do when supporting someone is get them to change to development.

              Hopefully a new general release will happen sometime soon.

              Steve

              G6UIM

              Message 7 of 7 , Mar 18, 2014
                Thank-you.
                Done.
                Problem solved...... on all copies......
                Chuck