Map Colour and Contrast

  • derek.elias@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 20, 2014
      Dear Forum
      I'm using the tile set called original for a map of the Great Plains area. However whilst the colour
      contrast for the APRSIS frame is good the map comes out very pale with little colour. I'm concerned that outdoors for tracking it will be hard to see the map clearly.

      Is then any way to enhance the map colour and contrast to make it more legible.
      thanks
      Derek Elias M6CYT
    • Bruce Coates

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 20, 2014
          Good guess, but the magic keystroke is left and right arrow.  Left will decrease opacity yielding a paler map and right will increase opacity giving you a bolder map.  Each arrow is 5% so hit right arrow 20 times to guarantee the original tile set is displayed without any fading.

          See also: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:transparency

          and

          http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:quick-keys

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 21, 2014
            Lynn
            Thanks for that. Works just fine.
            regards
            Derek M6CYT
          • derek.elias@btinternet.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 21, 2014
              Dear Bruce
              Thanks for your comment. Lynn as usual is right
              on the ball.
              regards and 73
              Derek

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 21, 2014
                On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 3:48 PM, <derek.elias@...> wrote:

                > Lynn as usual is right on the ball.

                Lynn can cheat... if he tells you the wrong information, he can just
                go into the code and change it so his wrong information is now right!

                Did you see Zack's post? Kaymont will be at GPSL this year, so you
                will most likely be able to order your balloons from Kaymont and just
                pick them up from the manufacturer right at GPSL.

              • derek.elias@btinternet.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 24, 2014
                  Yes thanks for that. I'm in fact on the GPSL group
                  so heard directly from Zack.
                  Best Regards
                  Derek M6CYT