No Tx with APRSIS & FT7800
In the past I have been using APRSIS on my win 7 64 bit PC, an Argent T2 and an FT7800. This lash up ran fine for about two years or so. Then recently had a PC Hard Drive crash and I am having to start all over re-installing and configuring programs; and I can’t get APRSIS to transmit. I did the setup so long ago, I honestly don’t remember how I got it all to work. So I need some help from anyone that has a somewhat similar setup.
- Again PC is win 7 64 bit, 2.4 ghz processor, 4 gb ram and solid state hard drive.
- T2 is connected to the FT7800 via a DIN plug; TNC is connected to PC via a serial cable
- PC seems to be communicating with FT7800 via OTwincfg software.
- I configured a new port for the ft7800. I am getting APRSIS-OK and FT7800 OK in the window just above the scroller.
- Program is displaying stations received via Rf and the green rx light on the T2 is flashing.
- I did review the two G4ILO videos on re-installing the program and getting it to communicate with your radio. I have looked thru the Wiki for applicable sections to help me, went thru the steps in “Why won’t APRSIS /32 Transmist” in the wiki. All is fine there.
- Did a search through the archives and nothing jumped out at me to help. I enabled logging on the FT7800 port but am not bright enough to interpret it, there are a bunch of entries starting with KISS: not long enough and MISSING 0
So would like to hook up with someone who has a similar setup and we could compare notes on configuration.
Thanks & 73
First off, start by reading this:
Next check out:
Probably the hardest part is determining where to put the digipeater configuration in the XML file. Pay close attention to the location details. Then it is only a matter of copying and pasting one of the blocks of data in the wiki.
As an example, this is all you need for a fill-in digipeater:
If you need a WIDE2 digipeater there are a couple of choices.
If you really want to get fancy, follow the link to the UIFLOOD page. It will provide a SSn-N ability. This is good if you wish to cover an area like your state. With a bit of imagination you might think of a way to use this for search and rescue.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto: email@example.com ] On Behalf Of Bill Hancock
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] digipeating
Ok, guys, Beast in this case is APRSIS. And it is a wonderful program. It does have a rather steep learning curve, at least for me. I use it as a tracking program with a search and rescue team w/ good results. anyway, as a digipeater...
From: Lee D Bengston <kilo5dat@...>
To: aprsisce < firstname.lastname@example.org >
Sent: Thu, Feb 6, 2014 8:57 am
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] digipeating
+1. Wasn't 100% sure what the beast was, either. :-)
Lee - K5DAT
- sent from my mobile phone
On Feb 6, 2014 9:53 AM, "Fred Hillhouse Jr" <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:
I may have been joking but I still do not know what “beast” Jerry is talking about.
We can assume (yikes!) that he means APRSIS32, but I don’t consider APRSIS32 a “beast” but a finely tuned piece of software) but then Jerry does mention a Kantronics piece of hardware.
Once I know what the “beast” is, then help can be more forthcoming. Otherwise I can assume he is talking about something from Revelations. But then I guess if it is that beast, then digipeating is the least of our worries.
Fred is joking. You need to edit the xml config file in APRSIS32 to get digipeating to work. Info on that in the wiki
Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM
Torbay Freecycle Owner
APRSISCE/32 Beta tester and WIKI editor http://aprsisce.wikidot.com
I guess windows 8.1 don't digipeat either, but that's another subject. Is this a serious reference or another ham-ley sense of humor?
What kind of beast do you have? 3 horned version or a 5 horned version? The even horned beast don’t digipeat.
Anybody know how to make this beast digipeat? I'm using a Kantronics KPC3 / 8 update. Do I need to go into the KPC and adjust flood, or what?
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM, <eckerpw@...> wrote:
> James- one more (dumb) question, I changed the symbol but now
> seem to have two icons sitting on top of my QTH, the black diamond
> 2 for ME and then a yellow house associated with the kc2nyu-0.
> How do I eliminate the second one?
If you changed the icon in APRSISCE/32, the old icon should have gone
away. I think you had two copies running at once though, so the i-gate
copy probably saw the house. The house icon will time out after a
Yahoo Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to: