Thinking about using APRSAndroid?

  • thor6883
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
      Before you do.

      Please, check out this little conversation between me and Chris, the author.

      Dude has a big problem.

      1. He insists on getting a copy of your license.
      2. His attitude towards Americans sucks.

      For all I know, he might be collect addresses to get credit cards or something.
    • Gary Sanders
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
        I fully realize that this is off topic, but I have to comment on it...

        I think you need to read your thread again yourself. YOU threw the first
        bomb: Don't be surprised when bombs are thrown back.

        It never ceases to amaze me that on the web, civility goes right out the
        window, and people say things they would NEVER say to one another face
        to face.

        YOU made the first derogatory comment about his (incorrect) nationality.
        YOU didn't want to prove that you are who you claim to be. Then YOU told
        him to go to hell.

        I don't know of many people that wouldn't take offense at your attitude.

        Gary Sanders
        W0BY

        On 1/19/2014 10:00 AM, chuckk8cpa@... wrote:

        > Before you do.
        >

        > Please, check out this little conversation between me and Chris, the
        > author.
        >
        > http://pastebin.com/DM1YrT5y
        >
        > Dude has a big problem.
        >
        > 1. He insists on getting a copy of your license.
        > 2. His attitude towards Americans sucks.
        >
        > For all I know, he might be collect addresses to get credit cards or
        > something.
      • Adam Mahnke
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
          Never had issues with the author here. He's not super responsive but he's always been polite to me.

          I've moved to Lynn's android software so I haven't been keeping up with aprsdroid. Last I knew the smart beaconing was temperamental at best, but it supported blue tooth TNC connections.

          Good luck,
           Adam
          KC2ANT

          http://aprsdroid.org/download/ if you don't feel like paying for it, but I'd suggest knowing your APRS IS pass code first

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
            On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 8:00 AM, <chuckk8cpa@...> wrote:

            > 2. His attitude towards Americans sucks.

            It really makes you wonder why people from the USA get a bad rap...
            they are always so cheerful and articulate!

            PS. If you're going to be rude, offensive, bigotted and derogatory,
            and then attempt to project those actions onto another, it is best to
            NOT post the evidence proving you were at fault.

            PPS. If you don't like the responses coming back, you should have kept
            your mouth shut.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014

              This is Off Topic for this group, but more importantly runs the danger of getting unpleasant.

              Something we wish to avoid here.

              So please can we consider this discussion closed

              Steve Daniels

              Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

              Torbay Freecycle  Owner

              > 2. His attitude towards Americans sucks.

              It really makes you wonder why people from the USA get a bad rap...
              they are always so cheerful and articulate!

              PS. If you're going to be rude, offensive, bigotted and derogatory,
              and then attempt to project those actions onto another, it is best to
              NOT post the evidence proving you were at fault.

              PPS. If you don't like the responses coming back, you should have kept
              your mouth shut.

              On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Gary Sanders <yahoomail3847@...> wrote:
              > I fully realize that this is off topic, but I have to comment on it...
              >
              > I think you need to read your thread again yourself. YOU threw the first
              > bomb: Don't be surprised when bombs are thrown back.
              >
              > It never ceases to amaze me that on the web, civility goes right out the
              > window, and people say things they would NEVER say to one another face
              > to face.
              >
              > YOU made the first derogatory comment about his (incorrect) nationality.
              > YOU didn't want to prove that you are who you claim to be. Then YOU told
              > him to go to hell.
              >
              > I don't know of many people that wouldn't take offense at your attitude.
              >
              > Gary
              Sanders

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
                Ok, that's enough on this thread. We can discuss positive aspects of
                other APRS software/hardware, and ANY (good and bad) aspect of
                APRSISCE/32. However, we do NOT tolerate negative comments on
                individuals. Period.

                Please stop this thread now. Further discussion on this topic will
                result in having your account placed under moderation.

                On 1/19/2014 11:58 AM, James Ewen wrote:
                > On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 8:00 AM, <chuckk8cpa@...> wrote:
                >
                >> 2. His attitude towards Americans sucks.
                > It really makes you wonder why people from the USA get a bad rap...
                > they are always so cheerful and articulate!

              • Dennis Smith
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
                  I hope this guy isn't a typical example of an American. His G+
                  comments are homophobic and racist. However, I feel he is entitled to
                  his opinions and his beliefs, provided they are not offencive to
                  others. I look at the emails and it does appear that he does throw the
                  first punch and he is bitter of the response back. Only posting this
                  has only made him look daft out of it. I guess not a very clever move
                  really. The sad thing is it looks bad on ham radio and looks bad on
                  everyone involved. This doesn't stop me from pursuing my interests in
                  APRS, but does make me wonder if there are many other people with in
                  this community like this.

                  Dennis Smith
                  M1DLG

                  --

                  Dennis Smith
                  M1DLG
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
                    I sent my comment just prior to receiving this one. Sorry.

                    Dennis Smith
                    M1DLG

                    --

                    Dennis Smith
                    M1DLG
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
                      I'll let this one slide because it must have been being composed as
                      Steve and I were posting our cease-and-desist request.

                      NO MORE DISCUSSION OF THIS TOPIC WILL BE TOLERATED!

                    • David
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
                        Woa!  What the heck did I miss???  Nevermind. I don't want to know....   73's and have a beer!  I'm working on getting the tinytrak3-or- 4 and hook ing it up to my wauxon uv6.  I'm sure I will be asking for help soon hi hi .... Dave kc5uta

                        Sent from my iPhone