APRSIS32 Message Form Clipboard

  • pa3bnx
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2014

      Hello Every Body,

      Happy new year 2014

      I miss the option to copy text from clipboard in the

      send label of the message  form in APRSIS32

      I just can type in but not copy from clipboard.

      I sometimes want to send a message to other station

      with information like a URL

      and then I have to type it in

      instead of copy and past.

      73's

      PA3BNX

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 4, 2014
        Copy menu option will copy the selected portion of the top part of the chat or the entire contents if you have nothing selected.

        The following standard Windows keystrokes can use the clipboard in the bottom (entry) portion of the chat dialog.

        Shift-Insert = Paste
        Control-Insert = Copy

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2014
          On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

          > Copy menu option will copy the selected portion of the top part of the
          > chat or the entire contents if you have nothing selected.
          >
          > The following standard Windows keystrokes can use the clipboard
          > in the bottom (entry) portion of the chat dialog.
          >
          > Shift-Insert = Paste
          > Control-Insert = Copy

          Wow... Lynn, you find the most non-standard standards that exist!

          I've never heard of Shift-Insert or Control-Insert as keyboard shortcuts before.

          Microsoft doesn't even include them on their knowledgebase page about
          keyboard shortcuts.

          http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449

          Of course I had to try it, and sure enough it works...

          Most people of course know about the CTRL-C and CTRL-V cut and paste
          commands, and would be attempting to use them.

          Yes, if you search specifically for Control-Insert and Shift-Insert
          you can find references to them.

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut,_copy,_and_paste#Common_keyboard_shortcuts
        • Mason, Billy (list accts)
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2014
            IBM Common User Access commands... for details see:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut,_copy,_and_paste
            -and-
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Common_User_Access

            ---
            Billy Mason
            KD5KNR

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 4, 2014

              I would agree not heard of the insert method and tried it in several pieces of software and it does not work

              However what I and I imagine most people think are standanrd CTRL-X for cut CTRL-C for copy and CTRL-V for paste do work in them

              Steve Daniels

              Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

              Torbay Freecycle  Owner

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 4, 2014
                Yes, in a previous life I was a Certified OS/2 Engineer and fully
                conversant with CUA. Try them in uSoft Word and they work too, so
                they're not totally outside of Windows.

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 4, 2014
                  On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                  > Yes, in a previous life I was a Certified OS/2 Engineer and fully
                  > conversant with CUA. Try them in uSoft Word and they work too, so
                  > they're not totally outside of Windows.

                  Really? You must have hated that life, and have moved on over to the
                  Dark Side! :)

                  Common User Access (CUA) was a detailed specification and set strict
                  rules about how applications should look and function.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Common_User_Access

                  The wikipedia page goes on to describe how the 1980s created a Tower
                  of Babel for shortcuts.

                  Yet here we are with a program written by a former CUA guru, with
                  arrow keys that don't move the map, but change opacity and zoom!
                  GRRRRRR...

                  (Yes, my never ending pet peeve is still alive and kicking!)

                  Let me guess, panning a map wasn't a GUI interface CUA defined action!

                  Hmm, New Year's resolution to "Not drive Lynn nuts" completely blown
                  out of the water... whew! Glad that's out of the way!
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 4, 2014
                    Actually, OS/2 was a seriously wonderful operating system. I'd be back
                    on it in a heart-beat if it were commercially viable.

                    And did the Wikipedia article mention the other translation for CUA?
                    Consistently User Abusive.

                    On 1/4/2014 9:36 PM, James Ewen wrote:
                    > On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> Yes, in a previous life I was a Certified OS/2 Engineer and fully
                    >> conversant with CUA. Try them in uSoft Word and they work too, so
                    >> they're not totally outside of Windows.
                    > Really? You must have hated that life, and have moved on over to the
                    > Dark Side! :)
                    >
                    > Common User Access (CUA) was a detailed specification and set strict
                    > rules about how applications should look and function.
                    >
                    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Common_User_Access
                    >
                    > The wikipedia page goes on to describe how the 1980s created a Tower
                    > of Babel for shortcuts.
                    >
                    > Yet here we are with a program written by a former CUA guru, with
                    > arrow keys that don't move the map, but change opacity and zoom!
                    > GRRRRRR...
                    >
                    > (Yes, my never ending pet peeve is still alive and kicking!)
                    >
                    > Let me guess, panning a map wasn't a GUI interface CUA defined action!

                  • Greg Ames
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 5, 2014
                      I've seen it used in terminal emulators where you want ^C or ^V passed through the connection.

                      On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 6:03 PM, James Ewen <ve6srv@...> wrote:

                      On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                      > Copy menu option will copy the selected portion of the top part of the
                      > chat or the entire contents if you have nothing selected.
                      >
                      > The following standard Windows keystrokes can use the clipboard
                      > in the bottom (entry) portion of the chat dialog.
                      >
                      > Shift-Insert = Paste
                      > Control-Insert = Copy

                      Wow... Lynn, you find the most non-standard standards that exist!

                      I've never heard of Shift-Insert or Control-Insert as keyboard shortcuts before.

                      Microsoft doesn't even include them on their knowledgebase page about
                      keyboard shortcuts.

                      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449

                      Of course I had to try it, and sure enough it works...

                      Most people of course know about the CTRL-C and CTRL-V cut and paste
                      commands, and would be attempting to use them.

                      Yes, if you search specifically for Control-Insert and Shift-Insert
                      you can find references to them.

                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut,_copy,_and_paste#Common_keyboard_shortcuts

                    • Reg
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 5, 2014
                        On 4 January 2014 23:55, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

                        > However what I and I imagine most people think are standanrd CTRL-X for cut CTRL-C for copy and CTRL-V for paste do work in them

                        As first seen by me on Wordstar word processor keyboard overlays.
                        Wordstar was originally written for the CP/M operating system that was
                        used on microcomputers, before the days of personal computers (PCs).

                        Keyboards did not have number pads or the collection of special keys
                        we have these days. There was an odd logic about the selection of
                        those keys, but alas now forgotten.

                        Keyboards progressed and reached the ideal typist's kbrd in the Victor
                        9000/Sirius 1. These kbrds had underline, bold etc for fast typing.

                        Reg
                      • Rob Giuliano
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 5, 2014

                          Cut - del
                          Copy - ctrl-insert
                          Paste - shift-insert

                          That's how I've used them forever. I wondered why so many others never new they existed.

                          Steve - wonder what apps it didn't work on?
                          It has always worked for me. Even on some really specialized apps.

                          KB8RCO
                          Rob

                          Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android