Help setting up

  • n0nku
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014
      Hello Group,

      I am trying to get up and running and am having some difficulties.   I have hooked up my TNC and started the APRSIS and the TNC is not transmitting at all.  When I click on the "TRANSMIT" field on the top menu bar my callsign appears in yellow.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

      '73
      DE Rick - K7RLW
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014
        On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 4:19 PM, <n0nku@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to get up and running and am having some difficulties.
        > I have hooked up my TNC and started the APRSIS and the
        > TNC is not transmitting at all.

        Okay, you have a TNC hooked up, and you started the program. Is the
        TNC connected to the computer as well as a radio? Have you configured
        an RF port in APRSISCE/32?

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014
            Are you seeing any packets with * in the scroller to the left of the
            map? Packets flagged with * are received from an RF port.

            What is the callsign-SSID of the APRSISCE/32 instance in question?

            On 1/1/2014 7:17 PM, James Ewen wrote:
            > On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 4:19 PM, <n0nku@...> wrote:
            >
            >> I am trying to get up and running and am having some difficulties.
            >> I have hooked up my TNC and started the APRSIS and the
            >> TNC is not transmitting at all.
            > Okay, you have a TNC hooked up, and you started the program. Is the
            > TNC connected to the computer as well as a radio? Have you configured
            > an RF port in APRSISCE/32?

          • Rob Giuliano
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014
              Have been successful with with IS transmit?

              Let's start with some common ones:
                Are you runnng from within the ZIP file?
                 OS?   Are you running in a protected folder where the XML isn't updaing?

              If those are't it, how about some info on the setup?
                 TNC?
                 Is it in KISS mode?

              Robert Giuliano
              KB8RCO

              Are you seeing any packets with * in the scroller to the left of the
              map? Packets flagged with * are received from an RF port.

              What is the callsign-SSID of the APRSISCE/32 instance in question?

              On 1/1/2014 7:17 PM, James Ewen wrote:
              > On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 4:19 PM, <n0nku@...> wrote:
              >
              >> I am trying to get up and running and am having some difficulties.
              >> I have hooked up my TNC and started the APRSIS and the
              >> TNC is not transmitting at all.
              > Okay, you have a TNC hooked up, and you started the program. Is the
              > TNC connected to the computer as well as a radio? Have you configured
              > an RF port in APRSISCE/32?

            • n0nku
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014

                Yes I have set up a new port, called KISS MODE, to Kantronics KAM,  The KAM is in KISS Mode, and I am seeing APRS DATA from the RF Side.

              • n0nku
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014
                  I am not seeing any packets with a *   I am only using RF.  The Callsign is K7RLW and SSID is -1
                • n0nku
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014

                    I am not able to transmit RF,  Not running from the ZIP file, I am using a folder called "APRSIS which is where all of the files unzipped.   OS is Windows XP Pro SP3.  TNC is a Kantronics KAM all mode

                  • John Wilson
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014

                      Did you set up as KISS or SIMPLY KISS?

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014
                        Why do you think you are seeing RF data?  The two statement below don't agree with each other.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014

                          KISS not SImply Kiss

                        • n0nku
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 1, 2014
                            I know that I am seeing RF packets because I am not viewing internet packets,  There are 6 stations near me which are beaconing, and I am able to validate the information