KB7FSC Digi

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 16, 2013
      Hi Waren,

      I see your using a Kenwood D700 for your home station. If you need a KPC-3
      TNC for your home station so you can use your DM700 mobile for APRS and
      Local repeaters, let me know as I have extra KPC-3's. They were given to me
      for APRS and I will just give them away to folks in Montana who want to set
      up a Digi or Igate.. Woooo Hooo !!!

      I opened up my Igate range here in Helena yesterday and I see Scotty N7CTF
      has his Digi set up and going through you to the internet. Cool !! However,
      I have not seen your beacon since I opened up my range yesterday. Just
      wanted to let you know..

      Bill K7MT
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 19, 2013
        On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Jerry Abrams <jabrams4@...> wrote:

        > I looked at all the options for symbols (33 to 127), there is a symbol for
        > HF gateway and digirepeater, but nothing for i-gate. What symbol should be
        > used to be appropriate?

        You must be looking at something different that what we are looking at...

        http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm

        http://www.aprs.org/symbols.html

        http://aprs.org/symbols/symbolsX.txt

        The diamond is generally interpreted as a gate... overlay with an I
        and you're talking about an i-gate.

        Symbol 38, overlay 73 (Which Lynn labels as deprecated in favour of
        R/T/2 overlay characters)