kpc3+ settings

  • kb1chu
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 13, 2013
      I need the setting that i should use for the KPC-3+. I followed the wiki info as best I could but it will not transmit. i want to try install them manually before setting it to KISS mode.Thanks Steve KB1CHU
    • kc4lzn
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 13, 2013

        One, have you requested a passcode and two, if you received it, did you input it into the settings?

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:passcode

        73 John

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 13, 2013
          On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 8:44 AM, kb1chu <kb1chu@...> wrote:

          > I need the setting that i should use for the KPC-3+.

          What do you want the KPC-3+ to do?

          > I followed the wiki info as best I could but it will not transmit.

          Following the instructions in the wiki
          (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/tnc-kpc-3) will get the KPC-3+ port
          configured and working properly with APRSISCE/32. There a bunch of
          other settings in APRSISCE/32 that can cause you to not transmit, as
          well as mechanical issues, like not having a radio connected to the
          TNC...

          > i want to try install them manually before setting it to KISS mode.

          What do you want to try installing manually?

          If you want to use the KPC-3+ with APRSISCE/32 and get the most
          functionality out of the unit, put the KPC-3+ in KISS mode and follow
          the instructions from the wiki for setting up the port.

          If you want to do something else with the KPC-3+, you'll have to
          indicate what it is you want it to do.

          I can walk you through setting a manual position report, hand rolled
          custom for your application, configure the unit to send timed beacons
          through a variety of paths and timing schedules, I can help you
          configure the KPC-3+ to act as a stand alone digipeater, or I can even
          help you configure the unit as a paperweight to keep your papers from
          blowing off your desk.

          A little more information about what you have, what you have done, and
          what you want to accomplish would help us point you in the right
          direction.

          The passcode query is a red herring. The APRS-IS passcode has
          absolutely no bearing on getting the KPC-3+ operational on RF. The
          passcode only gives you validation to send ethernet packets to the
          APRS-IS servers.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 13, 2013
            Check out: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:transmitting

            On 12/13/2013 10:44 AM, kb1chu wrote:
            > I need the setting that i should use for the KPC-3+. I followed the wiki info as best I could but it will not transmit. i want to try install them manually before setting it to KISS mode.Thanks Steve KB1CHU
            >

            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Yahoo Groups Links

          • Stephen Black

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 13, 2013

                My apologies on the passcode and James is correct. It would only be necessary for gating traffic.

              • Stephen Black
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 13, 2013
                  I have mo idea whats happening but I now am transmitting on RF and updating to the internet. I am going to write down all my settings and study them later tonite. Thanks all for your help. Steve KB1CHU
                  On 12/13/2013 4:05 PM, kc4lzn@... wrote:

                  My apologies on the passcode and James is correct. It would only be necessary for gating traffic.

                • Rob Giuliano
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 15, 2013
                    Very often this happens because the TNC was in the wrong mode at startup.
                    Exiting APRSISce/32 then restarting it will often fix the problem.

                    NOTE: Closing and re-opening the port will do a similar thing as well.

                    I know of at least 3 people who had all the settings correct, but didn't start transmitting until the TNC (KPC-3+ or KPC-3) was reset by the above.

                    Robert Giuliano
                    KB8RCO