NWS Alerts

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 7, 2013
      Sure is a nice time to live where I do!

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 7, 2013
        Sure would be nice to be able to do something like this here in Canada...
        Map of Canada

        But we can't get access to the data stream or the alerting shapes!

        We have to entertain ourselves by playing with boiling water... http://www.calgaryherald.com/story.html?id=9256562

        Anyone want to come help me install antennas outside? Been at it all week.

        On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 4:15 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:
        Sure is a nice time to live where I do!

      • Jeff Dugas (Mobile)
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 7, 2013
          I'll second that!

          "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

          Sure is a nice time to live where I do!

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 7, 2013
            James VE6SRV…

            Map of Canada

            That was a map showing where there was snow - hi!

            73 Keith VE7GDH

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 7, 2013
                On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
                <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                > Actually, I thought the white areas were permanently covered with ICE
                > and the beige was where there might be some ground showing through for
                > the snow to cover. <grin>

                Yup, and red is showing where it's so warm you better not wear a sweater.

                Anything over -30C is shirt sleeve weather.

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 7, 2013
                  On 12/7/2013 1:19 PM, James Ewen wrote:
                  > Anything over -30C is shirt sleeve weather.

                  When my kids were little, but temperature literate, they concluded that
                  anything below 50F is freezing. I tend to agree with them even though I
                  grew up in Pennsylvania.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 9, 2013
                    Until it is hurricane season! I'd rather have the ice an snow! :)

                    Best regards,
                    Fred N7FMH

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 9, 2013
                    From March 2, 2012!

                    This is better than Florida on its best day, IMNSHO. :)

                    I am following my wife into the woods. what a fun day it was! Bring on the snow!

                    Best regards,
                    Fred N7FMH