Mobilinkd Bluetooth TNC

  • Mark Burfield
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2013
      As the title says i took the plunge and purchased a Mobilinkd Bluetooth TNC for my handheld radio so i could do APRS over RF as mobile phone coverage is so patchy in the hills.

      Setting up is easy with APRSISCE. First i paired the phone with the device. This then prompted my HTC Touch Pro 2 to set up a virtual com port. I set it up as comport 2. Then moved to APRSISCE and set up my port in the software. Its a Kiss then don’t be fooled and set up a bluetooth port its a comport to set it up. Set up the defaults for a comport 115200 as speed 8 bits etc then save. You will then be asked to connect to what ever the bluetooth device is ie Mobilinkd1. After a few seconds the 2 will connect and you will then start seeing stations received via RF scroll down the screen.

      If you have a bluetooth adapter on your pc its exacty the same set up to get it working.

      73 Mark MM1MPB
    • Tony VE6MVP
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2013
        At 07:14 AM 2013-10-12, Mark Burfield wrote:
        As the title says i took the plunge and purchased a Mobilinkd Bluetooth TNC for my handheld radio so i could do APRS over RF as mobile phone coverage is so patchy in the hills.

        Sweet.   Thanks for the posting. It doesn't appear to come with a case though.

        Tony
      • eli26e9
        Message 3 of 4 , May 25, 2014
          Now it does come with a case !!

          I have several, one to play with on a htc hd2 to try and set it as a portable digi.

          one is sitting at home as a test igate...

          Sine May 2014, comes with case.
        • ve7mdt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2014
            I just bought one with a case, and I will be revisiting this on my HTC Advantage as well. But I need a new battery, since the original died and the cheap third party one very weak.

            I wonder if APRSISCE is still the best app for mobile platforms? (genuine question, I have been away for a couple of years, and I am not as familiar with the latest development on Android etc (which I have also own, actually many devices).