RE: APRSIS32 and the XML

  • pa3bnx
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 7, 2013

       Hello EveryBody,

      I fixed it in my SoundDoppler program a menu to

      start APRSIS32.exe

      It uses a bat file like

      APRSIS32.BAT

      cd /d d:\APRSIS32\APRSIS32

      start d:\APRSIS32\APRSIS32.exe

      All works FB now...

      As long as widows gives the right's to execute as user

      So under Windows 7 installl

      APRSIS32 in the root

      and SoundDoppler also in the root hi

      So i have 2 dir's under D

      D:\APRSIS32

      D:\SoundDoppler

      I have not uploaded the new SoundDoppler139All.zip but I will soon do that.

      ---In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, <kb8rco@...> wrote:

      Windows allows for a more "interpretive" language (that it isn't compiled, but is executable) in VBS (VB script).

      The *.bat file would also work just fine if properly configured.  The problem is that you MUST run them from the command line (although calling from something else IS easier), or create shortcuts on the desktop with predefind values to pass.  If you are doing that with shortcuts, the previously described method is better.

      The batch file would look something like:
      @echo off
      if %1.==%1. Goto Help
      if %1==KB8RCO GoTo KB8RCO
      Goto :Info

      :KB8RCO
      cd\Radio\KB8RCO
      ..\APRSIS32.EXE
      Goto Done

      :KB8RCO-9
      cd\Radio\KB8RCO-9
      ..\APRSIS32.EXE
      Goto Done

      :Help
      Echo You need to provide the callsign-SSID that matches a setup
      Echo Like {n0call-0}
      :Done
      <EOF>

      Your structure would be
      \Radio - directory with APRSIS32.exe file.
               Also recommend putting map subdirectories here
      \Radio\Maps - like this
      \Radio\Maps\OSMTiles - like this
      \Radio\KB8RCO - XML and end up logs here for KB8RCO
      \Radio\KB8RCO-9 - XML and end up logs here for KB8RCO-9

      Make sure your XLM points to map directories properly.
      The good news is they could have the same format with a relative path like:
        <Path>../Maps/OSMTiles/</Path>

      Same as described in the "shortcut method".

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO