Ok.. Got the TNC online BUT!!!

  • k6kusman
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013

      Ok.. I have my 1270B on the computer and I think I have the port setup in the software for com1 with std com port settings. Puter to TNC speed is 9600b but when I hit the xmit button on the software I see nothing on the tnc. I have the switch on the comport speed select set to 9600 so that should not be a problem. I don't have a good terminal program for win7 x64 so I can't look at the tnc to see if it's even working. So.. any ideas?

    • Greg D
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013
        PuTTY is kind of universal as a terminal program.

        http://www.putty.org/ Link to download is at the top of the page.

        Greg KO6TH

        k6kusman@... wrote:
        > I don't have a good terminal program for win7 x64 so I can't look at
        > the tnc to see if it's even working. So.. any ideas?
      • Larry Ellsworth - K6KUS
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013
          I grabbed hyperterm and can talk to the tnc so that hurdle is over.. so I guess it's all about config's now.

          Larry Ellsworth
                    K6KUS
              Irlp Node 7413
          Echolink Node 524805
            Allstar Link 27775

          k6kusman@... wrote:
          > I don't have a good terminal program for win7 x64 so I can't look at
          > the tnc to see if it's even working. So.. any ideas?
        • Lee D Bengston
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013
            PuTTY is good.  I like TeraTerm even better, although I'm sure that's just a personal preference.  Both PuTTY and TeraTerm are very versatile - they support Telnet, SSH, and serial ports.

            http://logmett.com/index.php?/download/tera-term-479-freeware.html

            Another program that I haven't used much but appears to be pretty good is the Parallax Serial Terminal.

            http://www.stampsinclass.com/downloads/parallax-serial-terminal

            I haven't tried the Parallax program in Windows 7 yet, though.

            Regards,
            Lee - K5DAT

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013
              By far the simplest TNC interface is one where you lock the TNC into KISS mode with a terminal emulator and configure a Simply(KISS) port in APRSISCE/32.  I don't know if this is possible with the 1270B, though.

              After you get that working, you can tinker with <Open/CloseCmd>s in the XML file to put the TNC into and out of KISS mode when the port is enabled/disable or the client is started or closed.

              PS.  Simply(KISS) provides <OpenCloseCmd>s that are no-ops (no operation).

              k6kusman@... wrote:
              > I don't have a good terminal program for win7 x64 so I can't look at
              > the tnc to see if it's even working. So.. any ideas?

            • Bob Harris
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013
                Or Tera Term Pro (also freeware).

                --

                Bob Harris (K9UDX)
                Bath, NH

              • Gervais Fillion
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013
                  well
                  i am using one called TERMINAL ,,,,,,thats all.
                  working on XP and Vista .

                  73
                  gervais ve2ckn

                  To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com