I am not there when i start the software??

  • Gervais Fillion
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2013

      Hi all members,
      can you tell me,when my programm is running my icone,ME is at the right place on my map.
      If i close the programm and restart it i am not at the same QTH,,,,,
      How can i tell him to let my icone at the QTH i add?

      so to resolve my problem i will have too move,QSY,,,my icone at the right location.

      thanks for your help

      gervais
      ve2ckn

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2013
        Did you unzip the program into a new directory or are you double-clicking it directly inside the .ZIP?

        Where did you put that new directory?

        Under Windows Vista and later, it must NOT be under a "protected" directory like "Program Files".

        Create a folder in the root, or in My Documents, or on your Desktop.  Move APRSIS32.EXE to that directory and double-click it to start.

        It will ask you to reposition ME and hit transmit and then should retain that setting across restarts.

        The behavior you are describing indicates that the program is not able store its configuration which can be caused by the issues listed above.

        You may also want to read http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/initial-startup and watch Julian, G4ILO's, introduction video on that page.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2013
          Did you unzip the program into a new directory or are you double-clicking it directly inside the .ZIP? Yes

          Where did you put that new directory? on my hard drive c:

          Under Windows Vista and later, it must NOT be under a "protected" directory like "Program Files". it is not in the Program Files

          Create a folder in the root, or in My Documents, or on your Desktop. i created one in my C: called APRSIS

           Move APRSIS32.EXE to that directory and double-click it to start.  i unzip ALL the .ZIP in my C:/APRSIS

          i wil look at the video as you suggested Lynn.

          thanks

          gervais

          To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com