Re: xml file

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2013
      You have the Original tile set in:

      <Path>//GRROUCH-2/Test14/APRSIS32/</Path>

      You have the Mapquest tile set in:

      <Path>//GRROUCH-2/Test14/APRSIS32/</Path>

      These need to be unique directories!  As it says at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/tile-sets

      Note: When you click Accept, APRSISCE/32 will ask you to locate a directory in which to store the tiles. This must be a new, empty directory for this tile set! If you put multiple tile sets into a single directory, you'll get a mish-mash of both tile sets!

      (Ok, so it didn't say this until a moment ago, but it SHOULD have said that and I really, really thought it already did!  Sorry about the confusion.)

      Here's a recovery procedure:

      1) Close APRSIS32 - We're going to do some wool-pulling and don't want it to watch.

      2) In the APRSIS32 directory shown above, create two new sub-directories, one called Original and one called Mapquest.

      3) Edit your APRSIS32.XML file with a plain text editor like Notepad and locate the two <Path> entries.  One should be within a <TileServer Name="Original"> and the other is within <TileServer Name="Mapquest">.  Add Original/ to the tail of the first path and Mapquest/ to the tail of the second path.

      4) Start APRSIS32, the problem won't be fixed yet, so don't worry.

      5) Select Configure / Maps / Tile Set / Original, make no changes, but click Accept.  The map should change to the OSM original tile set and new tiles will be fetched showing the expanding yellow circle.

      6) Select Configure / Maps / Tile Set / Mapquest, make no changes, but click Accept.  The map should change to the OSM original tile set and new tiles will be fetched showing the expanding yellow circle.  This time you should see the aerial view of your location.

      7) Delete the numbered directories in the APRSIS32 directory only.  These are no longer being used and they contain mixed tiles from the two sets.  The Original and Mapquest sub-directories have the new segregated tiles.

      PS.  The reason for the extra steps is to ensure that APRSISCE/32 uses the new directories.  There's another <OSM.Path> xml element that reflects the currently selected tile set that gets (re)set when you clicked Accpet in steps 5 and 6 above.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2013
        (Oops: Step 6 should have said the Mapquest aerial view, not the original OSM set)

[...]

        6) Select Configure / Maps / Tile Set / Mapquest, make no changes, but click Accept.  The map should change to the Mapquest aerial tile set and new tiles will be fetched showing the expanding yellow circle.  This time you should see the aerial view of your location.

        7) Delete the numbered directories in the APRSIS32 directory only.  These are no longer being used and they contain mixed tiles from the two sets.  The Original and Mapquest sub-directories have the new segregated tiles.

        PS.  The reason for the extra steps is to ensure that APRSISCE/32 uses the new directories.  There's another <OSM.Path> xml element that reflects the currently selected tile set that gets (re)set when you clicked Accpet in steps 5 and 6 above.

      • Greg Depew
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2013
          Looks like wiki fodder to me! I recently had the same problem with my -1 and had to fudge my way through this. I did get my other ssid's set properly though without mixing tiles.
          Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

[...]

        • Larry Ellsworth - K6KUS
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2013
            I fixed it the easy way.. I wiped out everything in the dir. Restarted the software.. Did the setup.. Changed tile sets.. Created a folder for the MQ tiles.. Found my self on the map.. Did a xmit.. and BOOM.. Works like a champ.. heehe.. I cheated.. and Deleated.. I'm so lazy.

            Larry Ellsworth
                      K6KUS
                Irlp Node 7413
            Echolink Node 524805
              Allstar Link 27775

[...]

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2013
              Glad you are now seeing the maps you wanted to see!  And even more glad that it wasn't a bug that was causing the issue.

              And doubly glad that I re-read the Wiki page and added the directory warning.

              We now return this e-mail list back to its normal operation and open it for any/all other problem reports and questions!  Thank you all for your patience (except for the one unsubscription) as we diagnosed this issue.  I still prefer doing such things publicly because you never know when someone else will encounter the problem and you'll (hopefully) remember the cause or better yet, the solution!

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2013
                I had done that a few times myself early on. Then I ended up adding more than tile sets which made starting from scratch was not practical. I finally worked out a directory structure I liked as well. now it is more practical to edit the XML and have spent too many hours editing my XML. :P

                Best regards,
                Fred N7FMH