Map Bright/Dim

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2013
      KD4DRA just mentioned something that I'm not sure made it into the
      release notes. See Screen / Brightness / Bright or Dim. As long as
      you're not running 100% opaque (right arrow the whole way), this will
      change the perceived brightness of the map. It does this by changing
      the background over which the map is transparent from white (bright) to
      black (dim).

      I discovered this by accident during the Android port when my map was
      dimmer than I thought it should be. Turns out that Android was
      defaulting to a black background so I added the feature there and tapped
      it in to APRSISCE/32 as well.

      For those that haven't heard about it, please see the qualifications for
      alpha-testing the Android port at:

      And please don't bring up discussions of that port in this group, but
      join the APRSISDR group to keep it all straight.