Re: Filtering on APRSIS32

  • SV1UY
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 20, 2013
      Hi Roberto,

      Thanks a lot for explanation. I realise now that the most important thing is the Configure/Range filter with the 1/10th mile increments. The Screen/Filter Circle still does not work for me, but it does not matter if I can control things with the range filter.

      I agree with you that if we ask in the group others will also benefit. That is the very reason all YahooGroups exist. I could have asked Lynn direct, but I do not think it is appropriate.

      Thanks again for your post.

      73 de Demetre SV1UY

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:

      > There can only be ONE m/{distance} filter sent to the IS system.
      > That filter in APRSISce/32 comes from the <Configure> / <General> / {Range> {value in 1/10 miles}
      >  the <Configure> / <General> / <Add Filter>
      >   can be used for ANY OTHER FILTER EXCEPT a "me" range filter of "m/{value}"
      >
      > In short, you may be able to create a filter in
      >  <Configure> / <General> / {Range> 0    {zero}        disable this "m/" filter
      >  <Configure> / <General> / <Add Filter> f/SV1UY/70
      >    which would "theoretically" be the same as an "m/" filter with your 70 km range
      >    I don't think the system would ignore a friend filter with your own call
      >
      > Demetre - not only is it "why this group exists", but with every explanation, more people understand.
      >   I have learned from your discussion with Lynn as well.
      >   That is why it is IMPORTANT to read each and everty comment posted in a light of learning.
      >    emphasis is for emphasis (clarity), and not in anger or criticism
      >
      > Robert Giuliano
      > KB8RCO
    • SV1UY
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 20, 2013
        Hi Lynn,

        Zoom-in and zoom-out change of filtering works only if we put 0 1/10th miles in Configure/Range/Range and also put nothing in Configure/General/AddFilter, provided Screen/Filter Circle is also checked.

        73 de Demetre SV1UY

        > On 9/19/2013 5:09 AM, SV1UY wrote:
        > > Is there a way to change the default filter when we connect to an APRS IGATE to port 14580 from APRSIS32? I read in the Wiki that it changes automatically as we zoom the map in and out but in my case it remains the same.
        >
        > Demetre, can you provide a link and quote to where you read this on the
        > Wiki?
        >
        > The filter range changing is only true if you check Screen / Range
        > Circle in the main window. This defaults to not checked because it can
        > cause an unexpected flood of data if you inadvertently (or purposefully)
        > zoom out to see the whole planet. In this case, your filtered feed will
        > approach (but not quite be the same as) a full feed.

        > PS. There's bait in my statement above. I wonder if anyone will see it
        > and ask for clarification...

      • yahoo
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 20, 2013

          Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 20, 2013
            I'll look into this. That's not what it's supposed to do. Thanks for
            noticing and reporting the problem.

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 20, 2013
              The Wiki page was edited to clarify the features that only work from the
              main window, an improvement that is a direct result of your questioning
              and my illumination e-mail.