Re: [aprsisce] DUAL Port SoundModem (AGW)

  • Don Poaps
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2013
      I guess that's what the Robust Packet crowd like me would like to do. RX/TX APRS Robust Packet on one Port. Transmit packet APRS. I'm using at this moment local host 8001 with AWG and UZ7HO at 2000 hz with UIView.  This is all done on 30 m.

      I'm picking up VK land as well as NA with packet. With Robust Packet I was picking up N1ZZZ and EU stations direct. This was before Jeremy went QRT in ASIA area.

      With Packet I'm using APRSIS32 and with Robust UIview.

      It's a work in progress and I'm learning a lot about APRS.

      73

      Don va7dgp-10

      On Wednesday, September 18, 2013, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      APRSISCE/32 will receive from all ports of a multi-port interface, but
      will only transmit on the first configured port. This is true for AGW
      and AGW-work-alikes like UZ7HO.

      Hopefully your packet terminal can be configured to use port B and you
      can put APRS on port A.

      On 9/18/2013 11:44 AM, SV1UY wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I use a UZ7HO dualport Soundmodem on HF APRS and I would like to setup my APRSIS32 to use one of the 2 ports, i.e. Port B. Is this possible?
      >
      > I would like to have a packet terminal using Port A of the SoundModem and APRSIS32 using Port B so that they are in adjacent Frequencies withing the passband of my SSB filter and thus participate in 2 different HF networks, one for CONNECTS, the other for APRS.
      >
      > Is this possible with APRSIS32?
      >
      > 73 de Demetre SV1UY

      Don Poaps
      New Westminster, BC
      VA7DGP
      Satern Member
      Vector Member
      Surrey Amateur Radio

    • SV1UY
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 19, 2013
        Hi Lyn,

        Yes this is what I had to do. The PACKET Terminal program asks you wich port you want to use for transmission and this is what I had to do.

        It works OK, but it would be better if you can put it in your TODO list and allow APRSIS32 to select TX PORT and it would be even better if it could remember which Port for future transmissions too.

        This is even more important with Hardware Modems such as SCS PTC-II (the dual port units).

        Thanks for reply.

        73 de SV1UY

        > APRSISCE/32 will receive from all ports of a multi-port interface, but
        > will only transmit on the first configured port. This is true for AGW
        > and AGW-work-alikes like UZ7HO.
        >
        > Hopefully your packet terminal can be configured to use port B and you
        > can put APRS on port A.

      • g.isringhaus
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 20, 2013

           I would have to agree here Lynn.  I think a number of users are needing this, including me.  A BIG necessity for me coming up here, as I will be running APRS, Sat APRS, and HF APRS.  PLEASE help us that are trying to expand the network.  Thanks Lynn.

          Greg...

          --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, <sv1uy@...> wrote:

          Hi Lyn,

          Yes this is what I had to do. The PACKET Terminal program asks you wich port you want to use for transmission and this is what I had to do.

          It works OK, but it would be better if you can put it in your TODO list and allow APRSIS32 to select TX PORT and it would be even better if it could remember which Port for future transmissions too.

          This is even more important with Hardware Modems such as SCS PTC-II (the dual port units).

          Thanks for reply.

          73 de SV1UY

          > APRSISCE/32 will receive from all ports of a multi-port interface, but
          > will only transmit on the first configured port. This is true for AGW
          > and AGW-work-alikes like UZ7HO.
          >
          > Hopefully your packet terminal can be configured to use port B and you
          > can put APRS on port A.

        • g.isringhaus
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 20, 2013

             I just tried to send another message after the last one failed at 9 attempts.  Appears that APRSISCE is trying to send it out, as it goes 1,2,3,4,5,6 attempts and not triggering the RF port.