Com Port Errors

  • tw4000a
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2013
      I am running the Tiny Trak 4 with a netbook in my vehicle.  As I drive around I start to get comport errors which in turn stops communication between my computer and the TT4.  I am not sure if this is software related or some other problem.   Have others experienced this issue?   All power saving settings in Windows XP are shutdown.

      I will be trying today as I ride around Acadia National Park.  On a side note I plan to operate some HF with an 817 on Cadillac Mountain

      Any ideas?

      Rich
      K3RWN
    • Bob Harris
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2013
        Sounds like RF might be getting into the serial lines/USB adapter. Try keeping the radio as far as possible from the TT4 and (if using one) the USB to serial adapter and the TT4 leads (GPS, computer) as far as possible from the radio and antenna coax.

        --

        BobHarris (K9UDX)
        Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2013
          Is the TT4 resetting continually? That was an issue I had at one point.
          Are your connections solid?

          How are you connecting the TT4 to the PC?

          Any other details?

          Best regards,
          Fred N7FMH