Fwd: Re: [GPSL] Cluster Balloon

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2013
      For those that are interested, at least this explains why the HF stopped moving!

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2013
        Where are you guys getting info.
        I went to the cluster balloon page and it was nevr updated even to the launch!
        It still says balloon filling Wed nite.

        I see no links to this HF data.
        Im amazed at how hard it is to find anything on this mission.  Yet you guys have HF data?  From where?

        Bob

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2013
          As their main page says: "Like us on facebook" https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.r.trappe.1 which has:

          Landed safe, at an alternate location. Remote. I put the exposure canopy up on the boat. Will stay here for the night.
          Hmm, this doesn't look like France.
          In the quiet sky, above the great Gulf of St. Lawrence, traveling over 50mph-- in my little yellow rowboat, at 18,000 feet.

          The HF track is viewable at http://spacenear.us/tracker/ if you click on the "Pan To" option below NG0X on the right edge.  Then  you'll need to zoom out to see where the last packet is relative to more of the map.  Pan out further and you can see the track as recorded from HF.

          The HF data is actually coming from a custom version of FlDigi called Dl-FlDigi which sends data to a web-based database called habitat maintained by habhub.org.  If you can read raw json, check out http://tinyurl.com/kc3sftd  Otherwise, just add o/HB-* to your APRS-IS filter and look for the HB-NG0X object that is the APRS-IS injection of the interpreted json packets.

          Or you can fire up your own copy of Dl-FlDigi and try to receive the packets directly on 20m.

          PS.   There's other tracking links on http://www.clusterballoon.com/ namely:

          http://tinyurl.com/TrappeFacebookFollow <---- If you Follow here, you can receive updates from the flight in-progress, from the pilot in the balloon gondola, via the satellite messenger.

          http://tinyurl.com/TrappeSPOT - Two satellite trackers, both to this URL.

          http://tinyurl.com/TrappeInReach - Additional satellite tracker, with altitude if you click on the ping.

          http://tinyurl.com/TrappeAPRS - Radio tracker-- rapid updates, with altitude, but only within ~150 miles of land

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12, 2013
            Hi Bob,

            Short answer:
            <http://habitat.habhub.org/ept/>
            You can pick a flight and export the data in several formats.

            There is also a chat room where there may be useful info.
            <http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=highaltitude>

            Otherwise, what Lynn said.

            73
            Mike kc9doa