Yahoo Groups Neo Format

  • rv6amark
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2013
      FYI:  If you haven't heard of this subject yet, it is probably because you haven't visited the Yahoo APRSISCE Group recently.  If you never use Yahoo Groups, then you can simply delete this post.  It doesn't affect you.

      For those who do use the Group, Yahoo rolled out a new group format, and are forcing us test it.  So, if you have constructive feedback, you can register your comments at:

      http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451

      I have already complained about the inability to download pictures from the Photos section.  Even Flickr lets you download photos.  Yahoo's comment is that they are waiting to see if anyone really needs it before they implement it.  There are a lot of other problems as well.

      I am in another group that has a Yahoo employee in it, and he did some checking to try to understand why Yahoo is doing all this work to fix something that was working nicely.  His comment was that it was driven by advertiser pressures.  The advertising keeps the groups free, I suspect we will see more advertising in the group.  That last comment was mine, not his.

      Hope this gives a bit of insight as to what is going on.

      Mark
      KE6BB

      If it ain't broke, fix it until it is!
    • Mike Miller
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2013
        Hi Mark,

        If it is advertiser driven, I think it is going to/is
        backfiring. I used to visit the group websites frequently where
        I could be exposed to the ads. Now I just don't go to the online
        site at all.

        73
        Mike kc9doa